Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early in the season but Taylor needs to show he can manage and get some structure into that side… too elaborate by far, playing out from the back is bordering on suicidal, possession is undermined by both poor passing and I’ve never seen more hospital passes in a game - Laura Coombs must hate her team mates the way she dumps em in it. Hopefully get a few players back and we will improve but on this showing the same rudderless tactics as early last season.

Shocking defending
Worse than shocking! Just amateurish in the extreme. The most suckerish of sucker punches! But it's the sort of goal that's been written on the play for the second half. Demi Stokes has been given the runaround all night down that wing. I feel sorry for Benameur. She's kept a clean sheet for 90+2 and then has the shittiest defending in front of her. Absolutely dreadful. But there again if your winger goes charging down the wing within sniffing distance of the oppo area and then two passes later our goalie has it, and the opposition are pressing like they have all night, there's an inevitability about it! If they replicate that pattern of play in the second leg they can kiss goodbye to the group stage.

Ha ha, got what they deserved. City have spent the last 15 minutes getting to Madrid's box just to keep passing it backwards.
That seems to be Taylor's stock in trade at keeping possession. I should imagine opposition teams love it - the ball is on the edge of our area, or in the area, and the oppos haven't had one foot on the ball to get it there!

I have yes, but amending posts is not humour. Cheers
It would seem not for you, I was agreeing with you anyways, but it was a joke ffs, in 16 years nobody has ever altered one of your posts in jest?

It happens all the time on here.

Poor quality game really but very disappointing to concede so late on in the game. There were times when we appeared to have a great deal of difficultly passing the ball to a blue shirt especially when faffing about at the back. We may have had little time together but that should be no excuse for not being able to pass the ball or dithering whilst in possession, we were caught out a number of times.

We were sloppy in the first half and weaker than Madrid.I thought we did pretty well in the second half. The passing was much better and I just wished we’d tried to Nick a second goal in the last 15 minutes. The team need to realise we are playing with a more powerful forward so we don’t need to pass short all the time.

The ref was poor and penalty decision was a joke. I could t see much wrong with our disallowed goal but I only saw the incident once in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.