Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all over the show, BBC, Sky, ITV etc. BBC even had the Womens fixtures at the top of their list on their football page. Womens sport should be on a Womens sports page not clogging up the regular pages on veiw.
The BBC, and the rest of the RDAHMEedya, do have their own agenda. We've seen it with the way City fellahs are reported, how Guardiola, the best current coach in world football, is treated by third rate hacks who wouldn't know the difference between a football and a rugby ball. I've watched the women's team since they were at the Athletics Stadium - it's the same pitch as the men, same size ball, same number of players, same LotG (although I do wonder at times!) but nowhere near the same spectacle. And top of the agenda is the implication that the women and men are interchangeable in a game and you wouldn't notice the joins. There isn't a join - it's a chasm! But I still enjoy going to watch - I just wish our women would speed up their passing a bit!

England team seem to be pushing on with a coach that understands their game.

England team seem to be pushing on with a coach that understands their game.
They have played a couple of teams that just can't play! N Macedonia shipped another six last night, and what standard obtains in these countries like Luxembourg, and a good half dozen others who are regularly getting a battering. FIFA and Uefa will quote 'the football family' schmooze but these teams just get steam-rollered. Football should be competitive. The scoreline last night was one thing but at least Wycombe competed. We have had the likes of Halifax, Chesterfield, Crewe giving us a lesson in the past in cup competitions, but when did one of these sticklebacks ever turn over a mainstream women's team. I think I saw three England goals in added time last night - it strikes me as not being reputable.

They have played a couple of teams that just can't play! N Macedonia shipped another six last night, and what standard obtains in these countries like Luxembourg, and a good half dozen others who are regularly getting a battering. FIFA and Uefa will quote 'the football family' schmooze but these teams just get steam-rollered. Football should be competitive. The scoreline last night was one thing but at least Wycombe competed. We have had the likes of Halifax, Chesterfield, Crewe giving us a lesson in the past in cup competitions, but when did one of these sticklebacks ever turn over a mainstream women's team. I think I saw three England goals in added time last night - it strikes me as not being reputable.

Nations League is the best concept in a while but should be used instead of WCQ/European qualifying.

Dunno if anyone heard Chloe Kelly on GMR last night as co commentator on our game last light. Thought she was excellent, a breath of fresh air.
A delayed response to this, but heard Caroline Weir doing similar on one of our men’s matches on GMR this season too - an excellent summariser she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.