Women's Team - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I thought those days of paying on the day were long gone to be honest. Shame it's not as simple for the men's.
Yes it's refreshing and sensible and makes me feel nostalgic :-)

All the women's games I've been to have been spur of the moment (I live 20 minutes walk from the stadium).

If they'd make it easier to attend men's games I'm sure Pep would have one less thing to moan about and the stadium would be packed all the time.

Yes it's refreshing and sensible and makes me feel nostalgic :-)

All the women's games I've been to have been spur of the moment (I live 20 minutes walk from the stadium).

If they'd make it easier to attend men's games I'm sure Pep would have one less thing to moan about and the stadium would be packed all the time.
This men's ticket debacle has put me off trying to introduce my daughter to city men's and it's the main reason I'm giving the women's team a go. If it carries on and we enjoy our experience who knows I may even give up the men's all together and concentrate solely on the women's.

Might be unpopular opinion but it’s bugging me off that City use the same platform to post about the women’s team. Quite frankly I don’t give a F, just make a dedicated website/IG/TikTok whatever for those interested
I'm guessing you're from the generation of fans who think of professional football as basically a men's sport, so I'm not going to criticise you too much for your opinion here, but you do need to realise that times are changing. Look around the stadium next time you go to the match and you'll see many, many, more women and girls there than there used to be in the old days. This has got to be a positive in terms of the men's game broadening it's appeal, but it's also a sign that football is no longer an exclusively male sport, and female involvement in the game can only be seen as a positive. This is also leading to more and more girls participating in the sport, and they deserve to have a professional outlet for their love of the game if they're good enough, just as boys do. The fact that the talent pool is now wider means that the women's game is becoming stronger, you will now see many quality players if you were to go and watch our women's team. It would be totally unacceptable for the club to treat our women's section as somehow being inferior or separate, so for fans like you who aren't bothered just skip the women's stuff, there are plenty of us who are interested.

I'm guessing you're from the generation of fans who think of professional football as basically a men's sport, so I'm not going to criticise you too much for your opinion here, but you do need to realise that times are changing. Look around the stadium next time you go to the match and you'll see many, many, more women and girls there than there used to be in the old days. This has got to be a positive in terms of the men's game broadening it's appeal, but it's also a sign that football is no longer an exclusively male sport, and female involvement in the game can only be seen as a positive. This is also leading to more and more girls participating in the sport, and they deserve to have a professional outlet for their love of the game if they're good enough, just as boys do. The fact that the talent pool is now wider means that the women's game is becoming stronger, you will now see many quality players if you were to go and watch our women's team. It would be totally unacceptable for the club to treat our women's section as somehow being inferior or separate, so for fans like you who aren't bothered just skip the women's stuff, there are plenty of us who are interested.
You said this very well. I was merely going to say it is 2021. As a father of girls,, one of whom is talented young footballer, I do think females should have every right to play football.and be treated equally and go as far as their talent and desire will take them.

Women have had the right to vote in the UK since 1921. Strangely enough, women's football was outlawed on football league grounds the same year. In any case, the "separate but equal" idea is generally accepted as a violation of civil rights. Football isn't a "right" but it sure is hell is demeaning to a majority population (51% to 49%) to tell them you are lesser so we will treat you as such.

Last edited:
Might be unpopular opinion but it’s bugging me off that City use the same platform to post about the women’s team. Quite frankly I don’t give a F, just make a dedicated website/IG/TikTok whatever for those interested
Neanderthal man lives and posts.

The shittest post I've read this week and by God, there has been some good competition.

What a great post. I agree with everything you write.

It would be great too, if the manager believed it and was competent enough to enable the team to progress (skill, energy, mental application and playing style) but he isn’t, unfortunately.

Steph has withdrawn from the England squad after sustaining an ankle injury in Englands final training session.

Half our squad haven't had a proper rest for a couple of years like the men. Hopefully the top quality medical staff we have will aid speedy recoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.