Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we are doing a decent upgrade of the squad with the players we are bringing in .

Let's hope that they are utilised properly by Taylor .

Still irked that Rose Lavelle was wasted .
Love watching Rose - play football, that is! Beautiful on the ball, and as soon as she was on it I always felt summat was on!

Says everything about Taylor and his shortcomings how he failed to utilise Rose - he pretty much humiliated her the way he benched her and gave her scraps.
She would have been an absolute game changer at times for us. Rose is a legitimate "cheat code."

I am pretty certain the part in the video where Rose nutmegged Millie Bright isn't the only time she has done it to her.

Says everything about Taylor and his shortcomings how he failed to utilise Rose - he pretty much humiliated her the way he benched her and gave her scraps.

She's brilliant, but I think she suffered in part due to our formation as we don't play with a number 10 really.

I fear that her signing could be a bit like either of the Castellanos or Fowler ones this season - signing really good players but without an actual plan of how to use them.

She's brilliant, but I think she suffered in part due to our formation as we don't play with a number 10 really.

I fear that her signing could be a bit like either of the Castellanos or Fowler ones this season - signing really good players but without an actual plan of how to use them.

Or a manager sufficiently insightful enough to get the best out of his squad. can you imagine Pep playing a formation that doesn’t get the best out of KDB. Quite how Taylor has survived is unfathomable. He is hopeless and wholly out of his depth.

Looks like we are doing a decent upgrade of the squad with the players we are bringing in .

Let's hope that they are utilised properly by Taylor .

Still irked that Rose Lavelle was wasted .
Yes that whole Lavelle saga was very strange, I know she had an injury for part of her stay but when fit was rarely used.

This is it it really. It wasn't a good signing but unless she was a Taylor signing (rather than a Gavin Makel signing) using Lavelle as a stick to beat him is daft. It's one of the few times he's clearly done what was right for the team, even if it was by accident.

She was injured and rusty for ages, and basically everyone she was competing with for a spot was playing better than her and delivering. It would have been insane to break up Weir and Mewis in the middle, drop Hemp or Kelly out-wide, or change the entire system for her. You don't uproot everything for a player who's only contracted for one season, especially when things are working so well that we only lost one league game all season and finished two points behind Chelsea.

Or a manager sufficiently insightful enough to get the best out of his squad. can you imagine Pep playing a formation that doesn’t get the best out of KDB. Quite how Taylor has survived is unfathomable. He is hopeless and wholly out of his depth.
Except Pep prioritises the whole over the individual more than maybe any other coach around. The real difference here is that Pep wouldn't have a big name signed for him that he didn't want or know how to use.

Taylor's crap but him sticking with a team and system that worked rather than prioritising Lavelle is one of the most sensible things he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.