Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone a women's season ticket holder? I know I won't be able to attend every match. Just trying to decide if it is worth purchasing the tickets and transferring them when I can't attend or simply try to buy as I go?

Is anyone a women's season ticket holder? I know I won't be able to attend every match. Just trying to decide if it is worth purchasing the tickets and transferring them when I can't attend or simply try to buy as I go?
Yeah, I am, got one last year on almost the same basis. Missed a few games and didn't feel great about it, but between the cost of the season ticket and the attendances being how they are I figured it was a decent trade all-round. All the better if you can pass it onto someone else when you can't make it.

Suspect you'd be fine buying game by game too, but I'd expect it to be a little more expensive and you do risk missing out.

Yeah, I am, got one last year on almost the same basis. Missed a few games and didn't feel great about it, but between the cost of the season ticket and the attendances being how they are I figured it was a decent trade all-round. All the better if you can pass it onto someone else when you can't make it.

Suspect you'd be fine buying game by game too, but I'd expect it to be a little more expensive and you do risk missing out.
Thank you!

Anyone else baffled by the total silence on the MCFC site about Caroline Weir’s transfer to Real Madrid?? What’s going on here?
Served the club well, scored some worldies against Earps and the Ragettes……..and absolutely zero on MCFC website……
I don't understand why we lose Weir, Stanway and Bronze and Chelsea and Arsenal are able to keep all their top players and there is little discussion in the media about it? I might be wrong about either issue but I've not noticed that happening. I know we have brought good players in but those three, and yes particularly Weir, were important players for us.

I don't understand why we lose Weir, Stanway and Bronze and Chelsea and Arsenal are able to keep all their top players and there is little discussion in the media about it? I might be wrong about either issue but I've not noticed that happening. I know we have brought good players in but those three, and yes particularly Weir, were important players for us.

We hide behind the money bit…. Some signs the players were unhappy last season - particularly early on…. I think a few genuinely wanted a change of scenery. It happens.

City are a soft touch in terms of letting players prioritise England to the detriment of the Club. Some of the players leaving knew they were under no pressure to recover between international tournaments to get back on the pitch for us. With the Euros happening, players look for fresh challenges away from City.

I am a big fan of the Lionesses but players from eg Arsenal withdrew from England matches before crunch domestic games and ours never have. I don’t mind England being prioritised but it’s not just about the salary cap that players are leaving.

I think with Chelsea, they're improving in the champions League every season, they seem to be paying higher wages and are having a strong tilt at the league each season. We've fallen a little behind in those respects. For someone like Bronze who is in her 30s now, it's understandable why the opportunity to play for a Barcelona side on the ascent is appealing at this stage of her career.

Was genuinely surprised that Miedema stayed at Arsenal but also really pleased as I love watching her and it's good for the WSL overall.

Really hoping that the renewed interest in the women's game during the Euros will encourage City to try and get the women's team back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.