Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing for a winning run on towards another WSL title. City ladies ftw!!

Last edited:
Wishing for a winning run on towards another WSL title. City ladies ftw!!

What are the chances? I know there's the big derby in late May, but are Chelsea just going to win their games in hand and run away with it?

The idea of the men, women, u21s and u18s all winning their respective titles would be amazing.

What are the chances? I know there's the big derby in late May, but are Chelsea just going to win their games in hand and run away with it?

The idea of the men, women, u21s and u18s all winning their respective titles would be amazing.

I'm starting to strongly fancy United. Even if Chelsea won all of their remaining games i think it would still go to last game of the season, but they do still have to play at Arsenal away which won't be easy. Unfortunately I think United are just as likely to win all of their remaining fixtures as Chelsea are and their goal difference is superior. Their away game at Villa could trip them up and obvs they have to play us too but they're in a strong position. The weekend of the derby and Arsenal v Chelsea will be a big one for sure!

Low.

Realistically it's between Chelsea and united really. There'd have to be some very surprising results for anything else, which can happen but a bit less often in this league, as the teams at the bottom are very weak.

I think that we're fighting Arsenal for 3rd and the final Champions League place. They have the game in hand to be able to overtake us (on goal difference) but have suffered injury blows to 3 key players so that could tip it in our favour. If they can get past Wolfsburg in the CL semi then they may also have one eye on the final but wouldn't fancy their chances against Barcelona if they get there.

united just beat Villa away 3-2 thanks to a 93rd minute winner. Cracking header to win it to be fair.

We might need to take something off united in the penultimate game to stop them and help Chelsea.

united just beat Villa away 3-2 thanks to a 93rd minute winner. Cracking header to win it to be fair.

We might need to take something off united in the penultimate game to stop them and help Chelsea.

I think we will definitely need to take points off them. Chelsea haven't impressed me much in recent weeks and I think they could easily drop points against Arsenal. If United do end up winning the league I hope it at least encourages a bit of reflection at City. They've come from nowhere three years ago while we've stood still. We need to step things up both on and off the pitch.

Since we're only six points off the top atm. Was hoping for an upset in the Villa United game today. Alas and oh well though. Would be great if we could still astonishgly claim the title here onwards.

Daly now pulled level with our Bunny in the race for the golden boot so it would be nice if we can get her a couple of goals against Reading on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.