Women's Team Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will definitely need to take points off them. Chelsea haven't impressed me much in recent weeks and I think they could easily drop points against Arsenal. If United do end up winning the league I hope it at least encourages a bit of reflection at City. They've come from nowhere three years ago while we've stood still. We need to step things up both on and off the pitch.

I‘m not sure we’ve stood still. We have regressed.

I‘m not sure we’ve stood still. We have regressed.
Next season will be a big one for City Women's team. We had a huge turnover of players at the end of the last and into this current one. We lost our whole starting midfield all in one go as well as a few other key elements. After the first few games of the season it looked pretty bleak, out of the Champions League in the qualifier and 2 straight defeats in the league. But to be fair to Taylor it was turned around to the extent that we are at least challenging for top 3 again. I don't like Taylor as a long term option for us as I don't think he's good enough in the big moments in matches that can make a difference but I can't see him walking away or being sacked either. If I recall his contract is up at the end of this season so it will be interesting to see which way the club goes. I think the club will grant him an extension if we make top 3 but not so sure if we don't.

I may be wrong but the team never look particularly happy happy or content under Taylor… (I know for a fact there was a lot of bitching, moaning and discontent behind the scenes last season). I don’t know what his (wo)man management is like but I really wouldn’t be surprised to see more departures at the end of the season. City seem to be going through the motions in respect of our woman’s team, and we constantly seem to hide behind the salary cap, but, the salary cap doesn’t seem to undermine, Chelsea, Arsenal or United. Stanway, Walsh and Wear left because they lost faith in the club and saw better options elsewhere.

Arsenal sell out the Emirates for their CL semi final against Wolfsburg. Really good effort.

Arsenal sell out the Emirates for their CL semi final against Wolfsburg. Really good effort.
Was just looking for somewhere to post that. 60,000 there tonight, noisy too. It is now 2-2, (4-4) on aggregate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.