Women's Team Thread 2023/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another one of those signings that didn't really fit the way we play so not a real surprise that she's gone. A pure out and out #10 so wasn't really cover for Bunny or either of the wide forwards. Didn't reallyput the work in to play as the attacking midfielder and when we signed Roord the writing was on the wall.

Leaves us with a bit of a threadbare squad though so hopefully we can add a body or two at some point. I also see that Chelsea have smashed the British transfer fee record (could also break world record for the Women's game with the add-ons) by signing Mayra Ramirez to cover the absence of Sam Kerr.

Just another one of those signings that didn't really fit the way we play so not a real surprise that she's gone. A pure out and out #10 so wasn't really cover for Bunny or either of the wide forwards. Didn't reallyput the work in to play as the attacking midfielder and when we signed Roord the writing was on the wall.

Leaves us with a bit of a threadbare squad though so hopefully we can add a body or two at some point. I also see that Chelsea have smashed the British transfer fee record (could also break world record for the Women's game with the add-ons) by signing Mayra Ramirez to cover the absence of Sam Kerr.
Certainly threadbare now we have no Jill.

Republic of Ireland international Tara O'Hanlon incoming.

Sounds like she's a versatile left sided player.

The ragettes were interested and had her on trial in the summer but she sustained an injury. We've now won the race.

The ragettes were interested and had her on trial in the summer but she sustained an injury. We've now won the race.
That's the Blakstad replacement nearly sorted then (probably a little future-proofing for when Demi calls time too). Looks good in blue...

Not heard of her but after a bit of reading she sounds an excellent prospect.

I'd guess she'd probably be aiming to get some game time this season and then maybe be first choice left back next season? Sounds fairly versatile though, so there are other possibilities too.

Apparently City feel they've put a strong offer to Hemp but it's normal for top clubs to be linked with her with her contract coming to an end.

Barca is an interesting link as they already have Paraluello in Hemp's usual position so I'm not even sure it would be the best move for her. Really hope we can keep her though and that the offer we've made is too good to turn down!

I think we'll also need to show her that we're serious about challenging for major honours on a regular basis after a few years of stagnation. Tying up extensions for Greenwood and Hasegawa was encouraging though and we can most likely offer CL football next season. We have a great stadium set up too although I do think we need to get our attendances up as we've started to fall a bit behind.

So... Deadline day today (23:00 close).

3 possible incomings:

• Blindkilde-Brown from Villa (medical already completed yesterday apparently)
  • Tara O'Hanlon
  • Possible striker - Poppy Pritchard from Durham was mentioned on SSN earlier but half of the WSL interested.
Departures:
  • Ellie Roebuck expected to stay and joing Barcelona on a free in the summer. Would have been in January but Barcelona haven't managed to ship out one of their current keepers.
  • Angledahl - interest from Arsenal but won't be leaving.
  • I know one or two players have had interest from clubs wanting to take them on loan and at one point it looked like there may have been movement but injuries have stopped that from happening.
  • Players have contract offers on the table and I think the hierarchy expected them to be signed by now but I know at least one player is torn and thinking about more game time going forwards (doesn't want to leave but feels they may have to)

Let's see what the next few hours brings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.