Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

Def pen - silly challenge but it sticks in the craw that a stonewall one was not given to us. Overall we had 3 or 4 chances that should have put the game to bed - we will need to take those chances come season start - sure we will.

I know we have to trust the process as Taylor says but 3 mins into stoppage time we are passing back from the halfway line - doesn't matter in this meaningless game but a lesson to be learnt.

Thought Aleixandri looked fantastic when she came on - Prior too looked decent, Lazell will need to work on her distribution. Overall a good tour.
Shades of some distant City manager who encouraged the players to take the ball into the corner!

Def pen - silly challenge but it sticks in the craw that a stonewall one was not given to us. Overall we had 3 or 4 chances that should have put the game to bed - we will need to take those chances come season start - sure we will.

I know we have to trust the process as Taylor says but 3 mins into stoppage time we are passing back from the halfway line - doesn't matter in this meaningless game but a lesson to be learnt.

Thought Aleixandri looked fantastic when she came on - Prior too looked decent, Lazell will need to work on her distribution. Overall a good tour.
Just watched the extended highlights and the ref has a perfect view of it - perpendicular to Bunny's run into the box. How that is not given I will never know. I won't describe it as 'unbelievable' 'cos I've just seen it, and I've seen a number of similar over the seasons, but there didn't seem to be a flicker of interest from the ref. You could see the look of disgust on Bunny's face!

According to City’s website, we played another preseason game behind closed door against Liverpool, and we won 2-1.

City’s website describes their goal: “City’s attempt to play out from the back was intercepted, allowing Hobinger to rifle a vicious effort into the bottom corner from the edge of the area.”

Hopefully this is just a fluke and not a sign that we will see several similar goals during the season.

According to City’s website, we played another preseason game behind closed door against Liverpool, and we won 2-1.

City’s website describes their goal: “City’s attempt to play out from the back was intercepted, allowing Hobinger to rifle a vicious effort into the bottom corner from the edge of the area.”

Hopefully this is just a fluke and not a sign that we will see several similar goals during the season.
No minutes again for Miedema I see. Should we be worried? Though at least we've managed to score in this game.

Yes, I am perplexed. Since her final penalty in Australia she has missed the last two games and not been on the bench for either.

Does anyone know the reason?

Yes, I am perplexed. Since her final penalty in Australia she has missed the last two games and not been on the bench for either.

Does anyone know the reason?

Apparently they're "managing her minutes". Her past two season have been pretty plagued by injury so hoping they're just trying to carefully build her fitness back up

I can't see a chip muffin on that dining table. Perhaps the greedy buggers ate 'em before the camera turned up!
There is a carton of water the same as the ones you get at the Joie and the Etihad though, a bit like a product placement. We don't get chips at the Joie do we, only spicy wedges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.