Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

I agree with Aoba - she looked very promising today - direct with a lot of quality. I think she should have a big role this year and looked comfortable on either flank - Mary and her swapped a lot in the 2nd half. Viv looked a class above when she came on and the whole team improved.

I also agree with your point about Jess - today all their pressure came from her losing the ball in midfield, against a top side that would be a problem. I just hope that the reports on Jill being nearly ready for full training are accurate - we need her. Having Laia as centre back helps too as she can step into midfield & is arguable one of the best defenders in the squad.

One big problem with Taylor ball is how passive we are bringing the ball out. With the quality wide players we have they must try to speed that up to create one on ones or get Yui on the ball earlier. So I have to agree on your last point I can see Taylor struggling to manage the squad. A lot depends on Jill - I would have cashed in on Chloe Kelly to strengthen our spine as the two new centre backs are very inexperienced and Blindkilde-Brown will have big shoes to fill if either Jill or Yui get injured.
This has been a seasonal problem since Cushing left. It's slow, repetitive, ponderous, and we could do with one of our midfielders dropping back to collect the ball and having the skill and technique to drive forward. The number of times we collect the ball, nearly make it to the halfway line, and then repeat the last three passes before we cross into bandit country. And all the time just one goal would kill off any opposition resistance.

This has been a seasonal problem since Cushing left. It's slow, repetitive, ponderous, and we could do with one of our midfielders dropping back to collect the ball and having the skill and technique to drive forward. The number of times we collect the ball, nearly make it to the halfway line, and then repeat the last three passes before we cross into bandit country. And all the time just one goal would kill off any opposition resistance.

Unfortunately, you could put Taylor in charge of 1970 Brazil and they’d get knocked out at the Group Stage.

Surely that was a penalty
Yep second one not given by these Aussie refs.

Decent start - one small gripe is Alanna Kenedy had a few opportunities to pass to our right wing when they were down to 10 and chose to hold onto the ball and look left. Alexandri makes that pass all day. Nice movement from Mary and Jess & Bunny looking very fit.

Yep second one not given by these Aussie refs.

Decent start - one small gripe is Alanna Kenedy had a few opportunities to pass to our right wing when they were down to 10 and chose to hold onto the ball and look left. Alexandri makes that pass all day. Nice movement from Mary and Jess & Bunny looking very fit.
Yes lively start from us, final ball has been quite as crisp at times. A couple of players, not just Kennedy, have held onto the ball a bit too long when a quick pass would have been beneficial. Probably not picking as we have been the better team, haven't scored though.

First half ends 0-0, City by far the better team. PSG rarely put of their own half for 35 mins but probably finished the stronger team.
We are probably lacking a consistent final ball, and good finishing. There has been a few over hit passes, not surprising I suppose.
Could have done with a goal to show our dominance as they could have gone ahead right at the end of the half.

The ref can give penalties then, just not for us. pSG take the lead. Can't see us scoring now. A lot of changes this half and I don't think we have looked like scoring. Second half much more even.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.