Women's Team Thread 2024/2025

I might be misremembering but I think she's already been offered another one and hasn't signed. Barca want her, she'll be on a free and she's Catalonian. I would be surprised if didn't end up there. If it happens then I guess we'll make signing a genuinely world class replacement a priority so I'm sure we'll survive.
I haven’t heard anything to say she’s been offered a new contract. Not seen that anywhere but doesn’t mean it’s not the case. Hoping we keep hold of her but after luring Roord, Miedema and some smart recruitment this year I’ll be a little more confident we will replace well if she does go. As you say, a world class replacement would be likely.

Ladies played incredibly in the first half. They rode their luck a bit in the second half but responded well.

The only downside is losing Layzell, who was absolutely fantastic on both ends all night. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure looked like she did her Achilles. Gutted for her.

We have put together a very impressive squad for me, as shown tonight, it's got a lot of very good parts in it's whole, and quite young too.
I think the biggest lack in the squad now (besides cover for our DM (and where have we heard that before)) is a distinct lack of pace at the back. We are very susceptible to transitions.

Yesterday’s game against Barcelona was the best from our team over the past 4 years or so. Not only that we defeated them, but how we defeated them, with authority and determination, was so satisfying. An unusual game from us in which every player was “at the least” very good or better than that. My POM was Hasegawa. It is always a joy to watch her relentless efforts connecting our defense with the attack, and yesterday was an excellent example of that. I am not exaggerating: Hasegawa does this better than several men who play the same role in top teams and leagues. Also, I must give credit to Casparij. She is an excellent player who frequently gets overlooked and unnoticed despite consistently playing with passion and intensity. Fowler also was outstanding despite playing out of her favorite position. Clearly she has a great potential, considering she is only 21. I hope we give her plenty of playing time this season in order to keep her. Finally, the Club should do every effort to keep Aleixaderi - what a player.

Yesterday’s game against Barcelona was the best from our team over the past 4 years or so. Not only that we defeated them, but how we defeated them, with authority and determination, was so satisfying. An unusual game from us in which every player was “at the least” very good or better than that. My POM was Hasegawa. It is always a joy to watch her relentless efforts connecting our defense with the attack, and yesterday was an excellent example of that. I am not exaggerating: Hasegawa does this better than several men who play the same role in top teams and leagues. Also, I must give credit to Casparij. She is an excellent player who frequently gets overlooked and unnoticed despite consistently playing with passion and intensity. Fowler also was outstanding despite playing out of her favorite position. Clearly she has a great potential, considering she is only 21. I hope we give her plenty of playing time this season in order to keep her. Finally, the Club should do every effort to keep Aleixaderi - what a player.
I think Yui is one of the best players I've ever seen at reading the game. She just knows where an opposition player is going to pass it allowing her to get that first step off in time to make the interception. Maybe because she spent her earlier years playing further forward helps with this. I really wasn't expecting much when we signed her, thinking it was an emergency stop-gap signing to fill the void when Keira was sold but she has more than won me over. Wouldn't even take Keira back now and that is a huge compliment to Yui. We obviously must have been scouting her beforehand but whoever decided she could do the job needs commending.

Injury updates on Naomi & Laia from Taylor:

With Naomi we just need a bit longer to assess, it requires further investigation but I think it’s positive compared to what we anticipated at first... we don’t think it’s anything that will keep her out too long but we need longer to assess her properly.

Laia was fine, I've been asked quite a bit because of the action but it was a dead leg, she’s absolutely fine and was actually annoyed at me for taking her off. She’s okay and will come back into the team today as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.