Women's World Cup

Just proves the point. It was euro 2004 as well as that brazil game. Pattern?

Biggest problem for England is that we're not brought up on tactics, we don't have the ability to control games, which is why every tournament ends up with us winging it.

Just proves the point. It was euro 2004 as well as that brazil game. Pattern?

Proves no point

The nature of the game of football often usually means the losing side will go gung ho against the opposition and often the team in the lead naturally drops back which makes for a nervy finish. It happens to the very best teams with the worlds best players from time to time. How about we just enjoy victory and give our English players in ALL sport a break and just support them. We are a nation of moaners and I'm sick of the usual crap that people spout every time England play - even when they create history like they done again here it's not enough to ward off criticism.

Well done England.

Also felt strange to watch a game that is so free flowing, at least the first half anyway. Wonder if it might have something to do with the refereeing in the mens game. The amount of stoppages for cheap free kicks has become absurd. La Liga and Champions League football is very much to blame for all this. Very rarely do we get end to end stuff anymore.

Seems to be happening more often in the premier league aswell.

Proves no point

The nature of the game of football often usually means the losing side will go gung ho against the opposition and often the team in the lead naturally drops back which makes for a nervy finish. It happens to the very best teams with the worlds best players from time to time. How about we just enjoy victory and give our English players in ALL sport a break and just support them. We are a nation of moaners and I'm sick of the usual crap that people spout every time England play - even when they create history like they done again here it's not enough to ward off criticism.

Well done England.

I'm pretty certain everyone wants to see England do well, hence why everyone gets to wound up by it.

But with the facilities and the funding that the FA has at it's disposal, don't you think we should be up there with Spain, Argentina and Germany? We've somehow gone backwards over the years.

Moaning t"%^^%s if my Aunty was ????

Where was I moaning?... I'm delighted England are through to the Semi's. I'm saying we are limited which means we have to play to our strengths/limitations, which is the need to be clinical and defending. The Women done it today and the Men need to learn to do it.

They did that with such resilience, class, work rate and character. The ability to retain the ball remains a national problem for men or women, but this team are a true team whereas the men aren't. They work hard for each other, and have over achieved as a result. Happy to celebrate for the first time England Women's team are in the World Cup Semi Final!

Can't see us getting past the Jap's but full credit to that England Team.
They really do have a strong team ethic, big difference in their work approach whereas with the England Mens team it's full of overpaid individuals.

Good seeing the big representation of City players in there as well :)

I am a natural man however and found myself wanting Canada to do well as some of their players look delicious.
Some gorgeous blondes in that squad.

I'm pretty certain everyone wants to see England do well, hence why everyone gets to wound up by it.

But with the facilities and the funding that the FA has at it's disposal, don't you think we should be up there with Spain, Argentina and Germany? We've somehow gone backwards over the years.

Did you watch Argentina last World Cup - they scraped there way to the final and were not impressive at all - the same criticism being labelled at England 'winging there way through'

Spain lost 5-1 to Holland and didn't even get out the group

Germany were excellent.

Since then England have a 100% record in the Euro group and have played very well and our ladies have just made further history getting to the Semi Final. But after this you jump on here criticising and moaning about England. I totally disagree with your opening line - For whatever reason a lot of English people like to see England fail.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.