Wonder how many were at the 5-1 v Charlton 1985

Absolutely rammed that day and as a few have posted,the official attendance and the reality never tallied.
Football was a cash business mainly in those days,you can bet a few bin liners of it ended up in certain toupe wearing individuals jag that night.

i was 16 years old drunk as a skunk, paid in but missed the first half, i was asleep on the wall of the tunnel next to the away fans.if you look closely at the pitch invasion there is one person running to the north stand not the maine stand from the platt lane corner, thats me i had sobered up a bit ,but was full of sick down the front of me. nice

Mike N said:
The Kippax was rammed and my brother was in the North Stand and he said you couldnt move. I'll go for 60K

Great day to be a blue. Oh and Charlton played a kid in net that day. God bless them!
I was in the North Stand that day and we couldn't find any empty seats at all.
We ended up sitting on the concrete floor/steps in front of one of the walls.
The 4 of us spent half of the game arguing with the people behind us,because every time City attacked or scored we were jumping up and blocking their view.
But a great game,great result and we finally got promoted back to the top division.

I was in the Platt lane with my mates, and just before the final whistle a copper was looking at me as i went towards the fence. Whistle blew and i was over like a springbok, he tried rugby tackling me and just grabbed at fresh air! I then turned round grinning to give him a two fingered salute to then join the rest of the jubilant blues on the pitch!

Noticed a good mate of mine(Dave Lee) swinging off Alex Williams neck at the end. Adidas tracky bottoms and baggy jumpered perry boy, those were the days! lol.

The kippax was that full that after the first goal went in I lost my dad and didnt see him again till after the match. Also i must of been the only person to get grabbed by the police for getting on the pitch as there must of been about 10,000 already on it , Great day in our history.

Was there, plus 50,000 was there that day always see myself run across in front of the police horses on the pitch.Motte county was as good a day out the week before.

What a great day this was.
Went aged 13,remember being so nervous but what a performance.
Did Eddie Large come on the pitch at the end ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.