Wonder how many were at the 5-1 v Charlton 1985

I remember seeing somewhere that it was an estimated 55k that day and I was one of them. A perfect day and it was my most memorable as a boy watching the Blues, walked back into town singing to random people "City are back!" ha ha. How good was Paul Simpson by the way.....brilliant.

I was there in the Platt Lane with my brother and dad, right behind the net...13 years old and remember never having seen anything like it. Still got the pictures i took when everybody invaded the pitch...top day. think Eddie Large was in the dugout with Billy McNeil that day?

I was on the kippax only saw the first goal lost my glasses in the mayhem rest of game was just a happy blur to me

Me, usually stood in the Kippax centre middle, but couldn't get close because it was absolutely full. Ended up in the open bit next to the North stand. Great day until we heard the other news.

I was there with my Uncle George (RIP). The kippax was hammered much of been 50K plus

Missed the first goal, still queing to get in the Kippax and we werent late either. Managed to get on the pitch and got a photo of me in the goalmouth infront of the north stand(what a tourist lol) and the scoreboard says something like "good luck in div. 1 from greenhall whitley"...somehow ended up later in Seftons drinking cheap fizz.

I was there, sat in the Platt Lane, when the final whistle went and everyone was climbing over the fences to get on the pitch one of my mates was one of the first, unfortunately he climbed over the part of the fence that opened and he ended up tooing and froing from side to side at the top of the gate as everyone else piled through. He was one of the first on the fence and last on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.