Won't somebody please think of the children?

i'm 23 and have no kids yet but i was thinking about this the other month walking back to the train station from a game and i told the mrs that until they're 15 im going to make our kids support stockport county just so they know the pain misery and humiliation that i knew... it's the right way to do things

My boys are 8 & 10, 2nd and 3rd year ST holders so have seen a bit more. Sky Premier League years show, years 96 through to 2005 are good to teach them about where we've come from - we were either sh*t or don't even feature as we were in the lower divisions.
They were both Junior blues from a few days old, City is in their blood, if we ever go back to being rubbish they'd still be sat right beside me.

SteWadda said:
So they haven’t seen us lose at home once in fact they haven’t even seen us draw at home. They have seen us win the FA cup and sit on top of the league for most of this season.

Do they not go to cup games at home?

OP when people say we didn't win the cup the right way or we are not challenging for the title the right way it confuses me it really does. Surely the right way is to win football matches? I don't get it. I don't remember when we turned up and started playing basketball?

The right way to win things is to win football matches. (fairly)

Chungo said:
OP when people say we didn't win the cup the right way or we are not challenging for the title the right way it confuses me it really does. Surely the right way is to win football matches? I don't get it. I don't remember when we turned up and started playing basketball?

Stop talking sense!!!

SB Blue said:
My boys are 8 & 10, 2nd and 3rd year ST holders so have seen a bit more. Sky Premier League years show, years 96 through to 2005 are good to teach them about where we've come from - we were either sh*t or don't even feature as we were in the lower divisions.
They were both Junior blues from a few days old, City is in their blood, if we ever go back to being rubbish they'd still be sat right beside me.

I have show them videos of the city of old, but the problem is they don't sell a citys worse games or a remember when we were crap DVD. Any dvd or even video I have shown them show city scoring goals and the best bits of a season.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:50 pm --<br /><br />
Chungo said:

I'm with you on this.

I just meant I wasn't one of these people saying I would prefer we did it "the right way".

He's only 6 and probably just enjoys watching good football and following a team that's winning, nothing unusual about that. I doubt at age 6 he's going to fully understand the passion and loyalty surrounding supporting city but he will do in no time. Don't think you need to worry about that. Like seeing threads like this, just goes to show how well were doing if this is all we have to worry about.

I'm nearly 28 and growing up supporting City when I did helped to build character, I'd imagine that I would be much more of a twat if I had supported that lot. I might make my kids support someone else to help them in later life. Saying that, being a City fan, I'm not yet convinced that this isn't a sick joke and we'll find ourselves back in division 2 in 5 years.

SB Blue said:
we will go back to being rubbish but it will only be for two or three game's a season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.