Work/Life Balance

I am on holiday this week and everybody knows I am. I have still done urgent work though and it's pissing me off. This colleague emailed me so I helped her out but mentioned again that I'm on holiday with family who I don't see very often, anything urgent then ask another colleague. 20 minutes later I get more work through. Resisting sending an arsey reply.

The whole point of a holiday is to relax, recharge your batteries and have a break so you come back to the job refreshed and are able to carry on working hard. What is the point of allocating leave if you are just going to make the person work, piss them off so that they don't come back refreshed or happy?!

Im young so should be doing stuff i want to and living life to the full. The simple fact is i will die if i do not work, i will starve and be without anywhere to live. That is why life is shit. Im working to live, its bollocks.
I wish i had the balls to just fuck it off and live on a beach somewher and feed on shit i catch

CTID1988 said:
Im young so should be doing stuff i want to and living life to the full. The simple fact is i will die if i do not work, i will starve and be without anywhere to live. That is why life is shit. Im working to live, its bollocks.
I wish i had the balls to just fuck it off and live on a beach somewher and feed on shit i catch

I know how you feel dude, I am in the same boat.

It makes me wonder how people from our generation manage to fuck off for a year and travel. Oh yeah the bank of mum and dad help them out.

I'm not bitter about it, I am trying to save every scrap and do something in the New Year.

foxy said:
CTID1988 said:

It makes me wonder how people from our generation manage to fuck off for a year and travel. Oh yeah the bank of mum and dad help them out.

I'm not bitter about it, I am trying to save every scrap and do something in the New Year.

Knwo what you mean, there are 19 year olds at my work that have been places i can only dream of at the moment. My housemate is unemployed but still managed to go to australia to watch the british lions and he is off to vegas in january, not bad eh.
It doesnt seem right that after the thousands of years of evolution humans have had, its all been building up to working 9-5 5 days a week so we can have a few pints at the weekend.

CTID1988 said:
foxy said:
CTID1988 said:

Knwo what you mean, there are 19 year olds at my work that have been places i can only dream of at the moment. My housemate is unemployed but still managed to go to australia to watch the british lions and he is off to vegas in january, not bad eh.
It doesnt seem right that after the thousands of years of evolution humans have had, its all been building up to working 9-5 5 days a week so we can have a few pints at the weekend.

I agree, the world is a beautiful place and it is sad most people don't get to explore it and instead have to work all of their life.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Always remember in my boyhood that programmes like Tomorrow's World and social commentators would tell us that automation would mean we'd have so much more leisure time in the 21st century. Ha!

It's just meant more work because you can be contacted anytime and can actually do work due to excel, word, internet etc

It was best in the eighties on the road when I really was a rep. Nobody knew where I was or how long I would be!

Ronnie the Rep said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Always remember in my boyhood that programmes like Tomorrow's World and social commentators would tell us that automation would mean we'd have so much more leisure time in the 21st century. Ha!

It's just meant more work because you can be contacted anytime and can actually do work due to excel, word, internet etc

It was best in the eighties on the road when I really was a rep. Nobody knew where I was or how long I would be!

Yup!

Mobile, email, skype have meant people know what you are up to.

foxy said:
Ronnie the Rep said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Yup!

Mobile, email, skype have meant people know what you are up to.

Plus twats like me posting selfies drinking beer :-0

Ronnie the Rep said:
And because they couldn't contact you, they didn't bother unless it was a dire emergency.

I used to work for British Aerospace as it was then and one of my colleagues used to spend a couple of days a week at the Chester site. One day someone needed him very urgently so they rang the guy he should have been working with. He told them that Pete wasn't with him and hadn't been there at all for a couple of weeks so he got it in the neck when he next turned up in the office.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.