Working on Server For A Little While

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Quite frankly damo your stats don't back up mine or many others user experience so you can dish out as many condescending terms as you like but in reality you evidently haven't got that.

Other sites with a lot higher traffic manage just fine when meant to be working properly, that's what I'm getting at, when they have a problem they fix it rather than having the same inconvenience to its users for over a year.

But then again call me a fuckwit or whatever else you want to seeing as you're above the code of conduct.

Well why don't you start your own forum? Then see how easy it is!

moonbeams said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Quite frankly damo your stats don't back up mine or many others user experience so you can dish out as many condescending terms as you like but in reality you evidently haven't got that.

Other sites with a lot higher traffic manage just fine when meant to be working properly, that's what I'm getting at, when they have a problem they fix it rather than having the same inconvenience to its users for over a year.

But then again call me a fuckwit or whatever else you want to seeing as you're above the code of conduct.

Well why don't you start your own forum? Then see how easy it is!

Don't be giving people ideas Lin! :)

I have no idea what front end is being used (apache with PHP script?) but last time I checked the DB was MySQL.

There are literally MILLIONS of "optimisation" posts from (often) experienced DB admins, worldwide, every day.

The answers (many from IT Professionals with 10 years+ experience in MySQL configuration) invariably actually contradict one another.

MySQL is quite simple to install, but with infinite variations on the configuration side, is often very hard to fine tune when the size grows beyond the 5 Gb mark (doesn't take long to do with text-based data).

Damocles, you have my deepest sympathy, just remember to test changes in the smallest manageable chunks else it's easy to get lost in the cosmos with this shit ;-)

Keep up the good work.

PS. Champions League, we're avin' a laff!

DSonBlue said:
I have no idea what front end is being used (apache with PHP script?) but last time I checked the DB was MySQL.

There are literally MILLIONS of "optimisation" posts from (often) experienced DB admins, worldwide, every day.

The answers (many from IT Professionals with 10 years+ experience in MySQL configuration) invariably actually contradict one another.

MySQL is quite simple to install, but with infinite variations on the configuration side, is often very hard to fine tune when the size grows beyond the 5 Gb mark (doesn't take long to do with text-based data).

Damocles, you have my deepest sympathy, just remember to test changes in the smallest manageable chunks else it's easy to get lost in the cosmos with this shit ;-)

Keep up the good work.

Can we not just put a bit of sticky tape on it.

lastmanback said:
DSonBlue said:

Keep up the good work.

Whatever you have done is good.
Just been allowed to log back in after being chucked out just before Chrismas. Haven't a clue why but glad to be back!!

Ash of Ashton said:
lastmanback said:

Whatever you have done is good.
Just been allowed to log back in after being chucked out just before Chrismas. Haven't a clue why but glad to be back!!

That'll probably be your cookies.

Mmmmm cookies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.