World Book Day - favourite City book

pardoeofftomexico said:
There was also the Malcolm Allison book 'Soccer for Thinkers'. This was a serious book that was highly regarded at the time and concerned his training methods. It was interesting to me because it was his work with City players that were used as examples.

I am sure Mr mourinho snr worked with malcolm in Portugal it would be interesting if mourinho jnr has any recollections of him

bluekeith said:
pardoeofftomexico said:
There was also the Malcolm Allison book 'Soccer for Thinkers'. This was a serious book that was highly regarded at the time and concerned his training methods. It was interesting to me because it was his work with City players that were used as examples.

I am sure Mr mourinho snr worked with malcolm in Portugal it would be interesting if mourinho jnr has any recollections of him
Mourinho Sr did work with him and he asked Mal if his son could sit in on training sessions as he was studying Sports Science. He took Jose under his wing apparently. I'd love to ask JM about what he learned from Big Mal.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mourinho Sr did work with him and he asked Mal if his son could sit in on training sessions as he was studying Sports Science. He took Jose under his wing apparently. I'd love to ask JM about what he learned from Big Mal.

Style and swagger. I was hoping he'd also learned how to completely rip a club apart on his second spell there, but sadly it looks like he didn't watch that part of Big Mal's career.

mrtwiceaseason said:
Should I carry on with richer than god anyone ? Or carry on moaning about loyalty points Lol

I was given Richer than God as a Christmas present a couple of years ago. Although there are parts where I feel Conn makes a prat of himself there re other parts which IMHO are interesting and at times quite revealing? I'd say it's worth reading and form your own opinion.
(Still can't understand how a so-called Blue can end up supporting FC Rags of Manchester though).

For me it's 'Steppes to Wembley' which I've read a few times from boyhood onwards and also the updated version which was published a few years back. Apart from the obvious revelations about Bert's boyhood and wartime life, other really interesting bits are those dealing with how the FA Cup was so special in those days. Bit different now eh ?

Another great read is 'Bobby Johnstone - the Passing of an Age'. Brilliant book. Especially for those of us who started watching City as kids in the late 1950's.

I'm away tomorrow for a short end of season break with the junior blues. No sky, no wifi so I'm downloading books to the kindle. Currently thinking about Andy Morrisons book but open to other suggestions. Already read Lakey's book and Uwe's and although I have Sergio's I can't bring myself to read it as I fully expect it to be crap.

bluegirl74 said:
I'm away tomorrow for a short end of season break with the junior blues. No sky, no wifi so I'm downloading books to the kindle. Currently thinking about Andy Morrisons book but open to other suggestions. Already read Lakey's book and Uwe's and although I have Sergio's I can't bring myself to read it as I fully expect it to be crap.

Manchester The City Years 1857-2012 mr james

The Bumper Bundle of Manchester City Stories: 2008-14 mr hockin

catch a falling star mr young

have a nice holiday

ok we have a number of books with reviews, but big question is there a chronological list available of ALL city related books. Any list in fact?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.