World Cup 2018 | 14th July | Third Place: Belgium vs England, KO 15:00 (BST)

My eyes say I am not though, he was awful as a team player.

Granted he managed to blast in a few penalties, a deflection he knew nothing about and a late header. Other than that, tell me what strengths he brought to the team.

He also certainly lost us the semi final too, or doesn't that count in your book?

So other than scoring six goals, what has he contributed? Really?

Only in this country could the golden boot winner at a World Cup be criticised for not being a 'team player'.

Your last comment is just plain stupid.

Even with Kane totting up some impressive stats, he is not my type of player, cant explain it, none of my mates rate him either.

He seems like a nice chap, but I cant take to him as a top player, he was pretty poor in the games when he needed to step up.

He was only "awful" as a team player to anyone who was determined to see him in a bad light, as you quite obviously are.

His all round game certainly wasn't as good for England as it usually is for Spurs. But you might say the same about a number of players - Sterling included - who were not played for England in the way in which they are most effwhat a load of bollocks. If you want to come in on a conversation , at least understand what is being debated ectively employed for their clubs. Nevertheless, Kane still contributed a lot to the team.

Quite apart from the 6 goals, we shouldn't forget that he earned two of the penalties himself and should have earned two or three more had refs / VAR done their job. He consistently won fouls, either when England were under pressure or when - as happened far too often - he received the ball but was isolated up front, with no support. He won his fair share of headers and flick ons. And he made a number of telling passes that weren't capitalised on. As to your casually dismissing the penalties, that simply demonstrates either bias or ignorance. They were very well directed penalties, taken at moments of great pressure.

As to Kane losing England the semi final, that's one interpretation, certainly - if you're the kind of person looking for a scapegoat and unable to set club rivalry aside. For that matter, though, you might just as easily say that John Stones and Harry Maguire lost England the game by switching off and leaving Mandzukic alone in the box to score the winner. Or you might say that Kyle Walker lost England the game by allowing Perisic to steal in front of him to score Croatia's equaliser. Or you might say that the England team as a whole lost us the game by raising the white flag of surrender to Croatia's high press and abandoning any attempt to retain possession. Or you might say that Gareth Southgate lost England the game with a number of questionable decisions - most notably that to take off Sterling so early in the game.

It all depends on how blinkered and bitter you wish to be. Me? I prefer to congratulate the players and manager on a decent effort but to concede that, ultimately, they are neither collectively nor individually good enough at the moment.

Not many supporting that view , wonder why
There's plenty supporting your view. He's supposedly a great striker and yet England had the second lowest shots on target per game. We did manage to beat Iran on that measure
He's the new Rooney, undroppable when shite.

Not many supporting that view , wonder why

Because he plays for one of your rivals.

The people who whine about the treatment Sterling gets from supporters of other teams, are probably the same people who slag off Kane because he plays for Spurs.

The amount of bitching that goes on between supporters of top six Premier League clubs about players from other clubs is embarrassing.

Because he plays for one of your rivals.

The people who whine about the treatment Sterling gets from supporters of other teams, are probably the same people who slag off Kane because he plays for Spurs.

The amount of bitching that goes on between supporters of top six Premier League clubs about players from other clubs is embarrassing.
On this occasion, I think you are wrong. He had a poor WC from an England Team perspective - not a team player at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.