World Cup 2018 | 18th June | England vs Tunisia Match Thread

I got called a dick tonight because I said Sterling was shite, this forum is mental sometimes with the bias towards our own players. I love Sterling when he plays for City, but he’s never really performed at the same level for England. I’m not saying there’s any better alternatives than Sterling, but subbing him off when he’s playing the way he was tonight was the right call.
I agree he didn’t play well, and probably should have come off, but I think it is also fair to say some of that is due to the role he has been given not fitting his strengths.

And I do not think there is anything wrong with discussing that element without making excuses for his bad decisions or poor finishing (earlier in the match).

Why? They did fuck all and were lucky to get that penalty.
Oh, Tunisia did plenty of kicking anything that moved, they just did fuck all from a quality perspective, which is a general concern for our performance.

I see the usual En-ger-land lot are out in force tonight. Can't mods please create a separate thread for them to winge about their national team

We'll whinge when we want we'll whinge when we waaannnt fuck off England we'll whinge when we want

Like the back 4 and front 3 but honestly against Panama can we be not more adventurous in the midfield 3?

We have watched City play a back 4 with basically a front 3 and 2 advanced 8s. Surely tonight and against Panama we could be a bit more adventurous.

I’d be asking Delph and RLC to play closer to Kane creating a front 5, needs good movement especially of Kane to create space for the others, something I think he struggles with. The issue with our midfield is we have no real creative influence, play to many attackers and we lose all balance and although it’s enough v Panama it needs to be practiced for later games.

Against Panama

—————————-Pickford———————-
———walker———stones———maguire
Trip pier—————Delph——————-rose
———Sterling——-loftus———lingard—-
——————————-Kane————————-

Then
Pickford
Walker stones maguire rose
Loftus Delph alli
Sterling Kane rashford

We need to try a different system for future games

I got called a dick tonight because I said Sterling was shite, this forum is mental sometimes with the bias towards our own players. I love Sterling when he plays for City, but he’s never really performed at the same level for England. I’m not saying there’s any better alternatives than Sterling, but subbing him off when he’s playing the way he was tonight was the right call.

Personally I thought Alli should have been subbed first - clearly carrying an injury and non existent after 30 mins.... Stirling was still a threat....all be it not a great one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.