World Cup 2018 | 3rd July | R16: Colombia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

am i the only one not buying into this (its coming home) bollocks ??? england was crap going forward last night and apart from harry maguire and stones defending and attacking dead balls and free kicks we looked lost of ideas. we just don't have anybody in the mould of a silva or KDB in midfield to create and unlock better teams and for me its false and england will end up in tears very soon
No, you are not alone

There's a reason why Shelvey hasn't played any role for England.

How long do you think he would have lasted against Colombia?

He's a red card waiting to happen.
Yep,it would have been a risk but i think it would have been worth it.When he isn't doing silly stuff,which isn't as often as you make it sound,he can offer that something bit different to the very pedestrian and predictable Dier.

am i the only one not buying into this (its coming home) bollocks ??? england was crap going forward last night and apart from harry maguire and stones defending and attacking dead balls and free kicks we looked lost of ideas. we just don't have anybody in the mould of a silva or KDB in midfield to create and unlock better teams and for me its false and england will end up in tears very soon

who does ? we are winning and playign quite well. if we go out soon then so be it, but at least weve tried, put effort in and showed some passion, which we haven't done in years. i think thats all most people want. you don't need 11 world class players to go far. despite all the negative things your saying as well, for me we've been the better team in most games. columbia in particular were crap and had one or two shots from miles out on goal.

even if we play shit in every game from now on and win, no one will care. its not false if we keeping going through the rounds.

We're in the quarter finals & people are still moaning about tactics & players. We don't have a massive pool of players to choose from & we arnt a massive nation on the international scene. Germany got done of South Korea, Spain got done off Russia but we are crap & our manager has no idea because we beat Colombia? It's ridiculous your all miserable as anything.

Southgate is obviously learning on the job, is he perfect, nope, but imagine if Fat Sam was still in charge, I shudder to think! Getting this team to gel quickly, and get through a tough game and a penalty shoot out in such hostile conditions, needs applause.
I was the first one to cast doubts on his ability to get an England team anywhere, but seeing the back 4 passing the ball around with such confidence, was a joy to see, very little hoof ball, and plenty of calmness under pressure. Room for plenty of improvement, but it’s great to see the team play without the weight of a nation crushing the joy out of them.
Those penalties, even the one by Henderson were taken very well. Let’s hope they can build on this.

Southgate is obviously learning on the job, is he perfect, nope, but imagine if Fat Sam was still in charge, I shudder to think! Getting this team to gel quickly, and get through a tough game and a penalty shoot out in such hostile conditions, needs applause.
I was the first one to cast doubts on his ability to get an England team anywhere, but seeing the back 4 passing the ball around with such confidence, was a joy to see, very little hoof ball, and plenty of calmness under pressure. Room for plenty of improvement, but it’s great to see the team play without the weight of a nation crushing the joy out of them.
Those penalties, even the one by Henderson were taken very well. Let’s hope they can build on this.

You’re right that he is an improvement on big fat jowly Sam but the credit the team is getting takes us back to other moments of premature giddiness. The trio of Sterling alli and lingard isn’t creating enough and the lack of an alternative formation is a major worry. If you look at the games results and performances as a whole there is nothing to suggest we are anything but a plucky journeyman team.

Nope you aint alone. The lack of quality opposition has masked over the glaring deficiences in our national side. Nevermind not having the creativity to unlock better teams, we have struggled against the teams we have already played which is damning in my eyes

The more Raheem plays the better

He's not had a great tournament. Definitely trying hard tho, but he's a confidence players and as a lightening rod for abuse that's bound to get on his nerves. I have faith tho - he's got a big performance in him so keep playing him IMHO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.