World Cup 2018 | 6th July | QF: Uruguay vs France, KO 15:00 (BST)

I think France might shade it but I don't see how anyone has France as the favourites for the tournament or Mbappé as the top player of the tournament off the back of a single good game(keeper could have done better on at least one of his goals too if we are being impartial). This was also a game where they shipped 3 goals to an Argentina which have been struggling to get things going all tournament long.

They are in a similar position to Belgium for me, one of the strongest squads top to bottom but the stats don't quite show it and neither do too many of their performances.

Brazil on the other hand whilst they haven't perhaps been quite as free flowing as past Brazil teams yet, they are full of attacking intent and goals all the same and have added a defensive resilience you don't normally see with South American teams let alone a Brazil side. 19 clean sheets in the last 25 games, only 1 goal conceded in this world cup and only 5 in the last 25 if I remember right, the strongest attack and the strongest defence and therefore the most balanced of the lot in my opinion. Anything can happen in a knockout game though.

Last edited:

No Cavani which is a big plus for France but Stuani comes in, he was on fire for Girona last season.

Still think France will struggle to get past Godin and Gimenez, Mbappe needs the game of his life again.

Come on Uruguay!

Cavani out is a disaster for Uruguay. Luckily their defence is intact but the goals may be hard to come by

Stuani was pretty good whenever I seen him at Girona, not as much quality as Cavani but will give everything and put himself about, a real handful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.