World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

Nonetheless, it was a cracking atmosphere in there and I got another soaking in the lead-up to the full-time whistle. Not just beer but also champagne - courtesy of the bar staff, not @gordondaviesmoustache - and a much warmer, unidentified, liquid which can only have been one thing really and is where I draw the line.
That blonde who was working behind the bar was unbelievable btw! Good to see you pal :-)

I cant speak for others who may have been too harsh on Englands run. But as far as im concerned its called remaining grounded and realistic. City have spent the last few years rightfully running down the scousers for the exact same thing. The mere whiff of success for them reimagined as the second coming of Christ most of the time and with their manager and staff exalted to saint like status. And that's before they've even fuckin won anything or after beating Bournemouth to move into the top 4. It's the same vibe with England fans at the moment. Enjoy it yes but let's be honesy and wait until they've actually been tested before constructive praise can be given about what there best performance has been. My experience has been that those England fans who are setting unrealistic expectations about individual players and the team at this time are usually the first ones to rip unfairly into the players and coaches if things go wrong. I won't bother you again as you did say you didn't want to discuss anything. But remember this ain't Tinder, I ain't looking for a date and just because someone may disagree with your point of view, that's all it is a different point of view. Don't take it personal.

Took the words right out of my mouth, I agree 100% here and nearly posted the exact same thing until I read this.

Took the words right out of my mouth, I agree 100% here and nearly posted the exact same thing until I read this.
The other guy is right in fairness there's no one better than the English to build you up only to want to pull you down at first opportunity. Its part of who we are i suppose. But that should not negate against allowing others to consider situations on merit looking at things as a whole. Rather than through rose tinted glasses. I suppose the nub of my view on Englands run, is that there is a danger they may go into the game with Croatia or one of France or Belgium half cooked because they've not really been tested. It's not there fault but that's why I caution against the hype and platitudes at this time. Given the run and who they've played Tunisia and panama. ThrowTin that they hardly seem able to score a goal from oprn play, im struggling to suss out how good England or the players actually are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.