World Cup 2018 | 7th July | QF: Sweden vs England Match Thread, KO 15:00 (BST)

No problem with dreaming it's chatting shit which is the issue. Gradually each result has involved hyping performance s and the team to such heights that are out of touch with reality. Liverpool fans are the closest example to what I'm talking about. It's cringe worthy and moreover, bullshit.

I cant speak for others who may have been too harsh on Englands run. But as far as im concerned its called remaining grounded and realistic. City have spent the last few years rightfully running down the scousers for the exact same thing. The mere whiff of success for them reimagined as the second coming of Christ most of the time and with their manager and staff exalted to saint like status. And that's before they've even fuckin won anything or after beating Bournemouth to move into the top 4. It's the same vibe with England fans at the moment. Enjoy it yes but let's be honesy and wait until they've actually been tested before constructive praise can be given about what there best performance has been. My experience has been that those England fans who are setting unrealistic expectations about individual players and the team at this time are usually the first ones to rip unfairly into the players and coaches if things go wrong. I won't bother you again as you did say you didn't want to discuss anything. But remember this ain't Tinder, I ain't looking for a date and just because someone may disagree with your point of view, that's all it is a different point of view. Don't take it personal.
No need to be grounded and realistic by not getting swept up with the Euphoria, it's the World Cup not your club's week-in-week-out nine month slog. It's like when the Olympics were here in 2012, i was watching and getting excited about getting gold medals in clay pigeon shooting and jumping up and down at fencing and judo FFS! You get that arrogant "we're the best nation in the whole fucking world" attitude about you but so does everyone then it disappears as quickly as it came once the tournament is over. It's not like the real football season where rivalries exist and you're feeling that hate towards the other teams, you just enjoy it while it's on and the good feeling and patriotism of the country as a whole is good for once. As long as you don't read comments sections at the bottom of articles on Facebook where all the thick ****s of society dwell, there's nothing not to like about this World Cup and the World Cup run. People still talk about the feel good nature of Italia 90, how the nation came together in Euro 96 unlike anything other than 1966, and then the 2012 Olympics. These things don't happen often and aren't here for long.

Everyone should let their hair down when it's the World Cup and enjoy it for what it is, a festival of football. And when your country goes far, enjoy it even more, get swept away in the euphoria. We've exceeded expectations now and if we can win on Wednesday it'll be great, if not at least we've got rid of that negative bitter feeling towards the England team.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem with dreaming it's chatting shit which is the issue. Gradually each result has involved hyping performance s and the team to such heights that are out of touch with reality. Liverpool fans are the closest example to what I'm talking about. It's cringe worthy and moreover, bullshit.

No, what's 'cringe worthy' is not embracing it.

Chat shit. Lose touch with reality. Hype it up.

We may never get this far again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.