World Cup every TWO years

Imagine that it place and another pandemic or something else hits! There is no give in the system now so there would be loads of arguments between leagues and national associations to get backlogs cleared before the next tournament starts.
As for the players - I know they earn a lot, but thats irrelevant. There will be more and more injuries unless teams have squads even bigger than ours (in quality).
It's a joke. They are literally killing the golden goose.

UEFA inviting the South American nations to join their nation's league tournament will kill the idea.

I can see a compromise being the nation's league is fucked off to allow a world cup club competition to be played in that summer on a 2 yearly basis instead. In the gap year between World cups/Euros.The biggest concession being first one played in a European nation.

Going on a foreign tour with City in a meaningful competition would me.

City v Boca in Germany would be grand.

I read an opinion (paraphrasing) that was something along the lines of: "If players get injured they have to wait 4 years to get another opportunity, or they might even miss out on ever playing in a World Cup altogether."

It's not my opinion, but I thought it was at least a decent argument.
Until it is pointed out that neither George Best nor George Weah ever played in the World Cup Finals.
Do you propose that sides are selected for the biennial finals on a Rota basis rather than qualifying on the pitch so players don't miss out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.