World Cup Final - Spain v Holland [Merged]

Big NDJ better do this to Wooney in the next derby

_48321583_009786478-1.jpg

It's over now :(

I'm not sad cos the football itself is over, as a lot of it was shite, but because South Africa has won me over with this tournament and I'm just sad that it has to end for them, was a different feeling to watching it compared to a modern, civilised, efficient nation like Germany.

This has done great things for SA, let's hope they can build on it.

am I the only one who would rather city fans didn't bombard us with that image of De Jong? It was a moment of sheer madness that I imagine he'd rather forget.

City Raider said:
Crap final but the right winner. Holland weren't interested and serves em right only 2 mins left to equalise after 118mins of boring defensive shite

Yep agreed, Holland were using aggressive spoiling tactics but Spain were diving around all the time, rolling on the floor then surrounding the referee calling for a card (Xavi + Iniesta were especially guilty of this) They are great players but it is a shame they have to resort to behaviour like that.
In the end though Spain deserved to win, they are the best side in the World at present, they were heavily backed by most pundits but coped with the pressure of being favourites. Even though they only win 1-0 in each knock out round I think that was due in part to the opposition's defensive tactics.

mcfc_nick said:
i know a lot of you's on here dont like him, but i wish we could have Iniesta, he is just amazing
How can you not like Iniesta? The man is fantastic!

On another note, the entire goalscoring tally of Spain at this world cup is equal to that of Ronaldo on his own in 2002. That's testament to the man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp6WQBSiqI4[/youtube]

carrconormcfc said:
mcfc_nick said:
i know a lot of you's on here dont like him, but i wish we could have Iniesta, he is just amazing
How can you not like Iniesta? The man is fantastic!

On another note, the entire goalscoring tally of Spain at this world cup is equal to that of Ronaldo on his own in 2002. That's testament to the man.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp6WQBSiqI4[/youtube]

His ability isn't in doubt but his constant whining and waving of imaginary cards is a disgrace, it's something that Spain and Barcelona do a lot.
They only like opponents that sit back and admire their skills

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.