World Cup VAR

That is a problem with VAR too though. The directive before the World Cup was that only clear and obvious errors were going to be referred back to the referee. I can’t see how they can stick with their original decision if they’re being told they need to review it (as essentially they will already think that their initial decision was incorrect).

It has been used perfectly correctly on numerous occasions, & ridiculously, or not at all, on numerous others.

Which means football can never be trusted, ever again, with this incarnation of v.a.r.

It's no coincidence, that the first major competition to use it, is the one corruptly handed to THE RUSSIANS by FIFA.

The Ronaldo incident was just laughable, but the Iranians knew if they kept giving the ref questions, eventually he would naturally feel obliged to give a decision their way. VAR is just another way to influence the referee now.

Or, help betting syndicates etc make money.

Refs will have to send their kids to safe houses.

Not sure I get that logic, surely it was easier when VAR wasn’t used as then you could use human error as an excuse a lot more?

I think it’s just ineptitude and not defining what they mean by clear and obvious.

Not sure I get that logic, surely it was easier when VAR wasn’t used as then you could use human error as an excuse a lot more?

I think it’s just ineptitude and not defining what they mean by clear and obvious.

People will always scream corruption no matter what systems we have in place

Its time they brought in retrospective punishment for the tossers who throw themselves on the floor feigning injury, pissing me off no end, more than any other tournament ...!
It’s slowly turning into a non contact sport internationally, ruining the game as a spectacle..!

In every game, there are a load of minor incidents go unpunished. There is a pen at pretty much every set piece. People said 'players will stop fouling' . Will they fuck.

Now, at any time, the v.a.r. can suggest to a ref he 'perhaps' should give a pen. Then not bother, in the next game. An honest ref might refuse. A bent one, can create a score or result at any time.& have previously normal people argue it's ok.

Purely because v.a.r. is 'better'.

Completely agree with that. Even if it’s done retrospectively to allow the game to continue, that would be a start. Shouldn’t be hard to show a yellow card shortly after the event in game though.

So, the defender deliberately zig zags to block Ronaldo from chasing the ball, he tries to get past him, actually just brushing against him. The actress rolls around on the floor crying, ref says play on.
Some knob in a room thinks this is a Red card? Effing laughable.
The defender should have got the yellow, not yer man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.