World Cup VAR

Either way. The ref was allowed to review the incident and he made what he thought was the best decision
This is one of the problems with var. Just look at this thread alone. It's still down to personal opinion. So what should they do if it still ain't 100% clear after viewing. Should they have a standard decision of giving it or not giving the decision?

This is one of the problems with var. Just look at this thread alone. It's still down to personal opinion. So what should they do if it still ain't 100% clear after viewing. Should they have a standard decision of giving it or not giving the decision?

With var we will get more things right then wrong so it’s a good thing

I'm not sure touching the ball makes much of a difference according to the laws of the game. But he did get a touch on the ball. It was a faint touch, but enough to change it's path. Thought it was a pretty faint touch on Griezman too, not sure enough for him to go down.

I can see why it was given but I'm not sure it was a clear and obvious decision.

Don't think VAR is going to eliminate debates on key decisions though.

If it’s not clear cut and ref isn’t 100% sure it’s nailed on then they don’t give it simple as that,just goes to show that we are split on here if it’s a pen or not,still feel var when it does arrive in premier league will still be used or not to fuck certain teams over..

I had to laugh at the officials in the VAR control room, dressed in full refs kit.
I wonder if they had cards in their pockets, watches on and wearing football boots.
I thought they'd at least be in full trackys or jeans n t-shirt.

Yes I can understand the doubt at time and it’s going to take a long time to get right.

But surely, VAR help is better than a ref just guessing or being cheated by diving. Of course VAR won’t get it right all the time but I feel it will get a right a lot more than the refs guesses

If it’s not clear cut and ref isn’t 100% sure it’s nailed on then they don’t give it simple as that,just goes to show that we are split on here if it’s a pen or not,still feel var when it does arrive in premier league will still be used or not to fuck certain teams over..

The ref got to review it and felt it was clear.
If it wasn’t he wouldn’t have gave it.

Have to say had my doubts about VAR but it’s the future and it will become more streamlined when more referees get up to speed with it! Think that’s why it didn’t get voted in for this season in the premier they want the referees to train all season for it.

If they don’t vote it in for next season I will smell something very fishy by the clubs who without VAR want benifit as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.