Worldies against City

Platini Pollock

Reading on the Southampton thread about Dani Osvaldo and his worldie against us and then further comments such as - "I wonder how many players greatest goals came against City. Osvaldo, Crouch, Barkley, Villa, Macken............ we seem to get more than our fair share of worldies scored against us."......

The one I remember was from bloody David Batty.....he couldn't score from 5 years normally.....cue City rocking upto to Ewood on Boxing Day and he decides to hit the only 30 yard shot of his entire career on target....

Any others ?

I remember Zoltan Gera scored a beauty against us in a cup tie at home, 2009 I think?

Obviously there's Wooney's shinner
Palacios (or maybe it was Valencia) against us for Wigan

Jon Macken at Preston. Batty scored against us twice when he was at Leeds, he couldn't hit a barn door normally. Jimmy Nicholl in around 1977 at MR.

few in my mind;

Osman, top corner left foot when Everton did us 2-0 at goodison
I think it was Dorrans from west brom at our place, great build up and a top finish
Henry when the gooners batterd us, 5-1 possibly. long ball over the top, one touch down and one touch finish.
bale against us in the 3-2 was a cracking finish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.