Worried about the wages????

Lordeffingham

For those on here who are continually highlighting the HUGE wages we choose to pay to assemble the best, lets get some perspective!
It was the wankers from Trafford that started this game of silly wages, to try to maintain their stranglehold on the monopoly of top tallent.
It was them again who insisted on the 'global brand' issues in merchandising to keep them ahead of any competition, so don't let any rags dare to whinge now they are down and out.
Beckham and Ferdinand were being paid around £100k a week almost ten years ago.
But to ease your minds slightly, if our owner didn't invest any of his money and never made another penny, and chose to pay each of our 1st team squad £4millon a week (that's a total weekly outlay of £100million), it would take over a hundred years before he even went close to his overdaft!
so lets stop being petty and let the ones with nowt do the worrying!

Maybe... but I still hope that there is no truth to the story that claims that Toure is on over 220k a week because that would be absolutely ridiculous.

I doubt whether the money even bothers the Sheikh at all ......

it bothers Platini more!

Lordeffingham said:
For those on here who are continually highlighting the HUGE wages we choose to pay to assemble the best, lets get some perspective!
It was the wankers from Trafford that started this game of silly wages, to try to maintain their stranglehold on the monopoly of top tallent.
It was them again who insisted on the 'global brand' issues in merchandising to keep them ahead of any competition, so don't let any rags dare to whinge now they are down and out.
But to ease your minds slightly, if our owner didn't invest any of his money and never made another penny, and chose to pay each of our 1st team squad £4millon a week, it would take over a hundred years before he even went close to his overdaft!

Its not the wages its the expectation that goes along wth it - may people seem to think a 160K a week players is twice as good as a 80K \ week player which we know to be bollocks and when things go awry people start postng shit and the fans get on the players/ manager back.

The major issue with the wages is the new financial rules coming in force and i am expecting some quite brutal cuts in the playing staff this transfer window. I really dont think the EPL has thought this 25 man squad through - there is going to be an awful lot of unhappy / unemployed footballers this year.

For me i dont care what they earn - people who point out how disgusting what footballers earn is the polotics of envy - if people are going to start complaining what they earn then complain about top golf pros or motor racing drivers (many of whom fook off to Monaco to avoid UK tax) or actors of fookin TV chefs.

Well if it is true, he could pay him that amount for over 5,000 years, so as long as he isn't worried about it, I'm not either!

took my hat off that
Lordeffingham said:
But to ease your minds slightly, if our owner didn't invest any of his money and never made another penny, and chose to pay each of our 1st team squad £4millon a week (that's a total weekly outlay of £100million), it would take over a hundred years before he even went close to his overdaft!

Lordeffingham said:
Top post sir

Its like the transfer fees also

Utd broke British record for a defender (irwin)- how long ago was that
Utd broke Britsh record for keane

When they spent best part of 20+ mill on Rio, back then 1-2 mill was seen as alot. 20 mill then would be like 50-60 now based on other teams spending/income.

With reagrds to Blatter how much did madrid pay for Zidane + the yearly superstar all those years ago

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.