Worse return journey home from away game after watching City

Birmingham away, 07/08 under Sven. Got the club coach from the ground.

It broke down on the way then we had to wait AGES for a replacement. When it finally came, it took about 10 minutes for THAT to break down too! After waiting for ANOTHER replacement bus, we got to the ground at half-time and we were 1-0 down. We ended up getting beat 3-1 because that knobhead Rob Styles gave them one of the most ridiculous penalties I've ever seen

with bulldog after the sheff utd away game in the 70,s on sheff station 4 of us the sheff wed special comes in bulldog says get into um good hiding run allover sheff for 2 hrs and missed the spec back to manchester cost me a load to get home didnt get home till after midnight !!!

The coach back from Italy in pre-season when we went to Lake Garda - worst hangover ever when boarding and had to endure a seemingly endless coach journey home. Good job it had a bog! Great trip though.

Does anyone remember Charlton away, when they were playing at Selhurst Park in the mid 80's. I think it was on a Sunday over Christmas. We got beat 5-0 and never had a shot on goal in the entire 90 minutes. We intended to have a few on the way back. However, the train was dry and it broke down on the way back - stuck for well over an hour somewhere near Rugby. Eventually got to a party stone cold sober.

coming home from the 81 final replay , ithought we had won it when kevin reeves made it 2,1 from the penelty spot ,but city being city just couldn,t hold on to the lead.i was only 11 at the time and just sat on the concrete terrace with my flag watching steve perryman lift the cup in the royal box .the spurs fans celebrating in the streets and banging on our coach windows as we tried to get away from wembley ,the depressing silent journey up the moterway .been to qiute a few depressing away games over the years but coming back from a cup final defeat beats them all.

Gotta be Southend, Full Member's Cup, 0-0 score on a Tuesday night, with loads of Chelsea fans hovering outside. Their ground's a real schlep to get to.
But after the game, we walked round the front and the caterers were unloading their vans, so one lad who was with us picked up a tray of sarnies & walked up the steps into the hospitality suite. Vic Jobson (their chairman) realised we were city fans & invited us in for a butty & a pint.

This was Jimmy Frizzell's first match in charge (after Billy Mc), and one of our lads saw him outside & said "We're right behind you, Mr Frizzell" & he turned round and said "Hey.........it's Jimmy" in his dour Scottish voice.

Must've got back about 4 in the morning! Happy days...

There have been a few bad journeys home over the years, usually because City lose when I decide to go on my travels, but one trip springs to mind.

Away to Middlesborough in the mid 70's, there was trouble before, during and after the game which we lost, 2 - 0 I think. On the train on the way back, the good old football specials, remember, the train was devoid of heat and light as the batteries were flat. The guard came round telling us to keep our eyes open and to draw the blinds down when we passed through Eaglescliff station. Sure enough, we did as we were told, but a window got smashed in the onslaught of missiles heading our way, so we sat there in the dark as a howling gale swirled around the carriage all the way back to Manchester.

I also remember someone deciding to inspect the broken window a bit too closely and he got some glass in his eye for his troubles.

Hamburg away last year, cracking day. Great first ten minutes. Then things started to go tits up. First the result, then trying to find the coach. Found the coach then 2 hour transfer to the airport, by the time we got to the airport I was starting to get a migraine. We boarded having been hearded through by plod. By the time we hit Ringway I had a full blown migraine at 0235, I then had to retreive my car. At 0315 I got in my car. I finally got home at 0430 with vision in one eye.
Great trip cost me a weeks wages.

bezer57 said:
with bulldog after the sheff utd away game in the 70,s on sheff station 4 of us the sheff wed special comes in bulldog says get into um good hiding run allover sheff for 2 hrs and missed the spec back to manchester cost me a load to get home didnt get home till after midnight !!!

Do you still know of Bulldog?

Bilston Blue said:
Ipswich where we got relegated from the Prem under Joe Royle... Easter Monday if I remember right, the drive there was glorious sunshine... afternoon in a pub full of City... Goater scored early and then we lose and go down...

Country A roads all the way back and I'm falling asleep... had to stop about a dozen times to stay awake...

I s'pose relegation beats sleep and certain death!!! Took about six hours to do a three hour drive tho'.

Yep, this is one of mine as well, but i trained it. Got a train back to London after the game, but missed the last train back to manc.
Ended up kipping on the grass outside Euston station as we had no money for a hotel. It was fucking freezing, there were tramps cooking up scag on the benches, had a game of cards with a crack dealer, then to top it all off the bomb squad turned up as they had found a package at a bus shelter.

Got home about 11 in the morning, couldn't stand up straight when i got off the train cos of stomach cramps!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.