Worst away days

Anfield 95ish.
4-0 in the league cup Wednesday night,
then a 6-0 spanking 3 days later in the league.
Fuck off Dipper cunts

Coventry on new years day, think it was with joe royle in the prem. Stinking hangover, drew 0-0. Just a bobbins day!
Charlton away first game of that season, 4-0 down at half time I think, was in a pub for the beginning of second half. Stuck on the motorway afterwards for hours and we ran out of beer!
Away games are all about the day out win lose or draw but those two games for me I couldn't wait to get home.
That Charlton loss was totally dispiriting. The worst way to start a new season. Getting hammered by your fellow promoted team, and so badly.

Boro 8-1 for me - thankfully it didn't matter.
Edit: that said feckin Wigan - can't stand the place, and when we play there it seems like 50% of the chunts are wearing raggy shirts
Most WIgan fans are Rags and Dippers who turn up and latch onto Wigan when the going is good, more so if the Rags or Dippers aren't winning.

Wycombe in 98. Middle of nowhere. No pubs. Mid Table in division 3. Humiliated by a pub team. Got home about 3 in the morning. The only time I ever seriously thought I can't do this anymore

Remember it well
Half of South Wales turned up that day
Kicking off before During and after too
Some things stick in my mind from that day. A fat kid walking near the away section (15/16) singing a Swales song, to try to wind us up, until some blue put him headfirst into a bin. Chaos ensued.

Sure the takeover happened later that day/day after. Forward with franny badges!!

Coaches turning up with no windows after breeze blocks bein thrown off bridges at them

The blues nearly getting the gate open at the front of our section when they invaded the pitch. Seconds from disaster that…

Curle’s missed penalty ;( Great kit tho

The side section of cardiff fans, had to exit round the back of the away end. Who ever came up with that design needed their bumps feeleing…

Was like Baghdad outside after the game. Getting back to your coach was eventful, to say the least!! Welsh Granny’s fighting with men. God i miss the old days ;)

Some might say York away but I think it was a great day with all 3 million of us there
You joke now but it was a very low point. My mate, a home and away Blue, vowed not to go to any away matches after that. He was so certain we would stay in the division he booked a foreign holiday for the end of season and ended up missing Wembley.

That was the League Cup game which finished 0-0 and we won the second leg. We also played there in the third division and lost 1-0. I was in the home bit for that game and the locals were gloating slightly.
@East Level 2 your memory is better than mine, wasnt the home game equally shit ? Blimey, the shit games just mingled into one. One that sort of comes to mind was Lincoln away, midweek, I'm sure we lost. It was made better because 3 of us went in the car. After the match we piled into a pub, the driver couldn't drink so went off to a chippy and brought fish and chips back. That gave us second wind and the landlord obliged with a lock in!! We slept all the way back but the poor driver was shagged out for work the next day.

That was the League Cup game which finished 0-0 and we won the second leg. We also played there in the third division and lost 1-0. I was in the home bit for that game and the locals were gloating slightly.
I was at that one too. My car registration got called out and I had to leave the match and shut my car window. It was awful and we were all mock celebrating our one shit shot from summerbee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.