Worst away days

6-0 defeat at Derby in '89. Every City player gave up at 4. Torn to pieces by McMinn, Saunders, Goddard and Micklewhite on their tiny pitch. Grim.

As was 4-0 at Leicester in 86-87. Everything that could could go wrong went wrong. Back passes stuck in the mud, passes straight to dangerous players like Alan Smith znd Gary McAlister who would both go on yo much bet

Notts County in 85. 12,000 Blues at Meadow Lane to clinch promotion against already relegated Notts with songs of "We'll be up by 5 o'clock" but abject City are 3-0 down Rachid Harkoul and Justin Fashanu at half time and more than a few bad boys ripping up the fence at half time. Pitch invasion, chaos, horses gallopinh on the pitch Billy Mc and Jimmy Sirrel coming out together towards the end of 45 minutes of half time appealing for calm. City almost pull off a comeback but still lose 3-2 setting up a last day with Charlton at home (winder what happened there...)
I was at Derby away the season after. They played the commentary of the six nil over the tannoy.

apart from donny and chesterfield, derby 4-0 derby 6-0 halifax shrewsbury and liverpool on many games home and away, now its the time that we are a lot better, young uns will know the pain of going to games where we was battered, whould i swap it yes i would but now i enjoy it

Boro 8-1 for me - thankfully it didn't matter.
Edit: that said feckin Wigan - can't stand the place, and when we play there it seems like 50% of the chunts are wearing raggy shirts

Brighton away late December 1979 snow and icy weather going down,got hammered 4-1 ,Stuart Lee scored at their old stadium.

Coventry on new years day, think it was with joe royle in the prem. Stinking hangover, drew 0-0. Just a bobbins day!
Charlton away first game of that season, 4-0 down at half time I think, was in a pub for the beginning of second half. Stuck on the motorway afterwards for hours and we ran out of beer!
Away games are all about the day out win lose or draw but those two games for me I couldn't wait to get home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.