Worst bands or solo artist you have seen live

they didn't sing or play badly it just looked like it was the worlds biggest chore and they could have been in a million better places and tbh they could have been.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. I saw Joni Mitchell at Wembley Stadium in 1974 and it was just like that. Very slick set, songs played perfectly note for note, but she looked utterly bored. The only people she smiled at or said anything to were the session musicians around her, for the entire set. She barely bothered to look at the crowd. It wasn't a bad gig, exactly. It was a dead one. As I remember it, there was just no magic in it.
By contrast, in the evening, Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young played a set that was quite ragged at times, and even a bit poor — they admitted as much later on — but it was brilliant. The entire stadium was willing them on, often singing songs with them. The magic was there. When Nash (Manchester's own) sat down at the piano to sing “Our House” there was one of the strongest, most moving atmospheres I've ever experienced at any gig.

Spot on, seeing them in such a small place after them playing festival and arena venues for years was great, I worked that gig, photographing it for the local paper review. Actually got paid to go and snap a gig I wanted to, didn't always go that way.

what a job to get! Did you get to keep any of the photos ?

I’ve always liked the Civic - seen Joe Bonamassa a couple of times amongst others but the Genesis gig is the one I’ll remember

Def Leppard at Download Festival a few years back. Said how much it meant for them to be back at Donnington, then proceeded to give a very wooden, corporate gig feeling performance. Love that band too.

Disturbed at the GMex a decade or so back, his voice was shot and he couldn't do it.

A band called Pretty Boy Floyd last year, still trying to live the 80s life and came on stage so messed up he couldn't sing his own songs.

Def Leppard at Wembley Arena '89ish boring as fuck grown men prancing about looking like they''re miming.

Pretty Boy Floyd shite in the 80's shite in the 90's shite in the 00's shite in the 10's shite now how the fuck is Steve Summers still stealing a living "singing" is beyond me.
Canadian PBF much better

Always wanted to see Deacon Blue but never got round to it anyone see them live

Yep, went along to see them with a girl years back, not knowing much of them, and certainly not as fan. Even now, I don’t own an album of theirs. But honestly, they put on one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. The nearest thing I can compare them to was peak Springsteen. Zero stage props or gimmicks, but they played for 3 hours and had us all enthralled. Ricky Ross telling stories that led into the tracks or mid song ad libs, quiet tracks, rousing anthems. So many different styles in a really well paced set. No mid set break either. By the end I was ready to swear allegiance to the saltaire and move to Scotland!
No idea what they are like nowadays, but they are band I’ll always have the upmost respect for.

what a job to get! Did you get to keep any of the photos ? I’ve always liked the Civic - seen Joe Bonamassa a couple of times amongst others but the Genesis gig is the one I’ll remember

I have a few knocking about, those were the days of film and the negs got mislaid years ago. I remember the brief from the newspaper, just get us a nice shot of Phil Collins, he's the star. So I sent them one of him leaning on Rutherford and Stuermer that they couldn't crop which went nice with the show review. Then they decided to go front cover the day after so they used a Collins solo shot as well.

Such a strange tour, started at Roundhay and Knebworth, then small venues, then Earls Court for six nights, then small places again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.