Worst City player you've seen live/worst City squad

Striker Daley wasn't the worst but was a huge letdown for a(then) record 1.4mil from Wolves in 79. He played about 2 seasons scoring only a handful of goals iirc, then sold to some American club for a fraction of what he cost us. Big money squandered by Swales with ex coach Malcolm Allison as manager also allowed to sign Michael Robinson for about 750k. Chicken feed today but in those days was big money for a player. Allison was never a manager and we were doing ok under Tony Book, but Swales always thought he knew best. He constantly steered the good ship MCFC adrift from the scousers and rags onto the rocks with one calamity after another. Swales was the main reason we've ended up with so many shit players mentioned in here.

Younger fans have no idea what we had to put up with back then. I shudder to think back sometimes just how bad things were. We were there when we were shit alright! : (
I think you have hit the nail on the head. So many red dippers and rags and many others talk about history and I know they are talking rubbish. But in essence we are and always were a big club with a big chunk of missing success we are only just now making up for now. Peter Swales is the man to blame, I knew it, many other fellow blues knew it and HE knew it.

Striker Daley wasn't the worst but was a huge letdown for a(then) record 1.4mil from Wolves in 79. He played about 2 seasons scoring only a handful of goals iirc, then sold to some American club for a fraction of what he cost us. Big money squandered by Swales with ex coach Malcolm Allison as manager also allowed to sign Michael Robinson for about 750k. Chicken feed today but in those days was big money for a player. Allison was never a manager and we were doing ok under Tony Book, but Swales always thought he knew best. He constantly steered the good ship MCFC adrift from the scousers and rags onto the rocks with one calamity after another. Swales was the main reason we've ended up with so many shit players mentioned in here.

Younger fans have no idea what we had to put up with back then. I shudder to think back sometimes just how bad things were. We were there when we were shit alright! : (

What a great post , if it wasnt for Swales mis-management we would have retained our position as a top six club and been able to keep the likes of Trevor Francis , Garry Flitcroft , Clive Wilson , Paul Stewart , Mark Lillis , SWP and others, all excellent players who were sold to keep the club afloat during and after Swales reign

What a great post , if it wasnt for Swales mis-management we would have retained our position as a top six club and been able to keep the likes of Trevor Francis , Garry Flitcroft , Clive Wilson , Paul Stewart , Mark Lillis , SWP and others, all excellent players who were sold to keep the club afloat during and after Swales reign
A mate of mine watches the City! documentary once a week on YouTube to remind him what Swales did to us, he hates him with a passion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.