Worst City players you remember

That wasn't fog, just the dirty Leeds Air! I lived there for 20 years and never saw the Sun!
I was in the West stand, surrounded by loiners, who looked at me as though I was mad when I jumped up to salute the goal. Ball gave it large afterwards with stuff like "we've turned the corner" and other such crap. Yeah right, Bally, and what happened?

Manager of the Month iirc ?

Glad to see Irlamblue has given a mention to Paul Sugrue. Paul Gruesome, more like. If you're too young to have seen him, he was one of that crop of stars -Stewart Lee, Bobby ("Banana Boots") Shinton, Stepanovic, etc, that Allison brought in to replace no-hopers like Gary Owen, Peter Barnes, Dave Watson, Mike Channon and the like. It was a horrifying and depressing time to be a Blue, when only a couple of years after being within a whisker of winning the title, we went on a downward spiral culminating inevitably in relegation and a succession of short-term managers. Sugrue typified that, and how anyone thought he could even kick or control a ball properly was beyond my comprehension.

Glad to see Irlamblue has given a mention to Paul Sugrue. Paul Gruesome, more like. If you're too young to have seen him, he was one of that crop of stars -Stewart Lee, Bobby ("Banana Boots") Shinton, Stepanovic, etc, that Allison brought in to replace no-hopers like Gary Owen, Peter Barnes, Dave Watson, Mike Channon and the like. It was a horrifying and depressing time to be a Blue, when only a couple of years after being within a whisker of winning the title, we went on a downward spiral culminating inevitably in relegation and a succession of short-term managers. Sugrue typified that, and how anyone thought he could even kick or control a ball properly was beyond my comprehension.
Remember it well Big Mal tarnished his reputation bringing that load of shite in, Swales should have had the balls to tell him to leave it to Booky and you just coach, after all he had not done a bad job for the last 4 years

Billy Williams didn't we get him from Stockport ,only to sell him back to them at a loss ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.