Worst City players you remember

Pigeonho said:
bluefandk said:
Laurent Charvet, put that shower of shite in your pipe and smoke it!
Haha, yeah Charvet! Thing is though he didn't make me go 'aw fuck' when I saw his name on the team sheet. Jo makes me do that, simply because we have better than him available and/or on the books. Part of that 'aw fuck' is aimed at Bobby for playing him, because it seems that opinion is that people are baffled as to why he is not only included in the match day squad, but is now a first teamer, essentially. I am guessing BM is putting him in the shop window, but if you were a manager of a club and you saw Jo's performances, would you stump up the £4-5m we will probably want for him to put him in your team? I know I wouldn't.

Jo has actually done okay in the Europa league and even scored a couple of decent goals, he was shocking against both Arsenal and Leicester though.

There has been a couple of times where Jo has been playing whilst AJ has been on the benc, and eventhough AJ doesnt always deliver I still prefer AJ on a bad day to Jo.

Still dont think we should abuse our own players ( I know its only Bluemoon but my instict is always to defend our players)

bluefandk said:
Pigeonho said:
Haha, yeah Charvet! Thing is though he didn't make me go 'aw fuck' when I saw his name on the team sheet. Jo makes me do that, simply because we have better than him available and/or on the books. Part of that 'aw fuck' is aimed at Bobby for playing him, because it seems that opinion is that people are baffled as to why he is not only included in the match day squad, but is now a first teamer, essentially. I am guessing BM is putting him in the shop window, but if you were a manager of a club and you saw Jo's performances, would you stump up the £4-5m we will probably want for him to put him in your team? I know I wouldn't.

Jo has actually done okay in the Europa league and even scored a couple of decent goals, he was shocking against both Arsenal and Leicester though.

There has been a couple of times where Jo has been playing whilst AJ has been on the benc, and eventhough AJ doesnt always deliver I still prefer AJ on a bad day to Jo.

Still dont think we should abuse our own players ( I know its only Bluemoon but my instict is always to defend our players)
Never booed a blue, never will and when attending games I used to keep my mouth shut as nothing worse than hearing a fan bellowing out how shit one of our own is. On here or in the pub though, its fine. As much as I despise Jo's ability, I actually feel sorry for him as he must know he is shit and he must realise that costing what he cost isn't down to him, but expectation is such that he just looks like the kid on the school team who doesn't want the ball, hence not shouting to AJ he was in a better position. Another thing I hate is how he's Tranny-esque in how he dives. He did it again yesterday, but not as bas as the one at Arsenal. Infact the cameras panned onto Mancini in the seconds after the dive yesterday, and he appeared to shout at Jo and his face was one of 'what the fuck are you doing lad?'. Just a bad player all round for me.

Danny mills, not only a sh1t player but a thug
who was a disgrace to the blue shirt, plus his main occupation now seems to have a go at us at any opportunity. We paid his wages for about 2 years when he was sat on his fat arse. I dislike more than any other player ever ...............ok not as bad as Neville

Danny mills, not only a sh1t player but a thug
who was a disgrace to the blue shirt, plus his main occupation now seems to have a go at us at any opportunity. We paid his wages for about 2 years when he was sat on his fat arse. I dislike more than any other player ever ...............ok not as bad as Neville

Pigeonho said:
bluefandk said:

Never booed a blue, never will and when attending games I used to keep my mouth shut as nothing worse than hearing a fan bellowing out how shit one of our own is. On here or in the pub though, its fine. As much as I despise Jo's ability, I actually feel sorry for him as he must know he is shit and he must realise that costing what he cost isn't down to him, but expectation is such that he just looks like the kid on the school team who doesn't want the ball, hence not shouting to AJ he was in a better position. Another thing I hate is how he's Tranny-esque in how he dives. He did it again yesterday, but not as bas as the one at Arsenal. Infact the cameras panned onto Mancini in the seconds after the dive yesterday, and he appeared to shout at Jo and his face was one of 'what the fuck are you doing lad?'. Just a bad player all round for me.

I am not sure I agree with you on Jos ability as a footballer, the diving is disgracefull though, when you see it it really makes you cringe.

A bit poor yes, but can think of a lot worse...

Egil Ostenstad
Ronnie Ekelund
Darren Wassall
Simon Rodger
The enigma that was Bill Williams
Barry Silkman
Danny Hoekman
and someone said Adrian Heath earlier, just the name still gets me angry

though to be fair, they were all substantially cheaper than Jo

I think in all this, the phrase 'relative to the time' comes into play.

Jo is probably a better player than, I don't know - Gareth Taylor, but Taylor was at his level when he played for us.

Danny Mills is getting a lot of abuse on here; again, relative to the time he wasn't that bad in his first one or two seasons, I think there's just a bad name attached to him because of the silly contract he was given and how he was allowed to slag City off whilst still at the club.

Currently, City are one of the best teams in England and therefore Europe. So I have no doubt in saying that relative to this time JO is the worst player I have ever seen. He is the only player I can ever remember City having where I think before the match 'If Jo is starting I might go home'. I would seriously rather see Samaras and Corradi up front instead of him. Fuck, at least Corradi scored that brace against Fulham! Vassell absolutely outshined our lad from Brazil yesterday. Benjani was knocking them in for fun against Liverpool the other night. Big Phil is doing well in Spain. Wright-Phillips is a better target man than him.

liamctid said:
I think in all this, the phrase 'relative to the time' comes into play.

Jo is probably a better player than, I don't know - Gareth Taylor, but Taylor was at his level when he played for us.

Danny Mills is getting a lot of abuse on here; again, relative to the time he wasn't that bad in his first one or two seasons, I think there's just a bad name attached to him because of the silly contract he was given and how he was allowed to slag City off whilst still at the club.

Currently, City are one of the best teams in England and therefore Europe. So I have no doubt in saying that relative to this time JO is the worst player I have ever seen. He is the only player I can ever remember City having where I think before the match 'If Jo is starting I might go home'. I would seriously rather see Samaras and Corradi up front instead of him. Fuck, at least Corradi scored that brace against Fulham! Vassell absolutely outshined our lad from Brazil yesterday. Benjani was knocking them in for fun against Liverpool the other night. Big Phil is doing well in Spain. Wright-Phillips is a better target man than him.
Can't argue against any of that really, the relative to time thing is spot on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.