Worst City players you remember

I have no doubts that Tony Vaughan has been mentioned ? One of my favourite memories will be the home game v Ipswich ( I think but may be wrong ),wr were into stoppage time and losing at home again The visitors did the usual taking the ball in the corner in front of the Ipswich fans when Vaughan launched himself at one of their players and was red carded." Off,off,off " shouted the Ipswich fans in the North stand who were joined within a few seconds by virtually the whole of the Kippax chanting "off,off,off " ! A great memory of those dark ages days.

As others have said there have been some shockers over the years.Too many !

Way too many to remember or to mention... Most of the players around in 1996-98 would fit the bill. I also remember a nasty little creature called Robert Hopkins in 1986, I think we swapped him for Imre Varadi which was a bloody good piece of business... Gerry Creaney in for Paul Walsh... wow..! More recently, Wilfred Bony..? Waste of good money even when you have it to burn!

Gordon Dalziel. I remember one game around 83-84 time I was at a match with my dad ( i was about 10) and he was impersonating a winger on the Main Stand side.. It was pissing down in this game, and I swear down now, the ball ventured away from his control( again) into near the centre circle and he ran to get it.. but the shelter of the Maine stand dissapeared and he actually ran back to the touchline out of the rain. I seen this with my own eyes and I remember my dad doing his nut in over it. Of that time and moving into the mid eighties we had some absolute Shite in the form of Peter Bodak, David Johnson, Gordon Smith, Lawrie Cunnigham, Trevor Christie, Robert Hopkin( horrible twat) etc etc I remember thinking, could it get any worse being a blue..little did I know what the next decade would hold. CTID
Tony Cunningham, he was shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.