Worst City players you remember

There's been so many players I've seen in my 40+ years of supporting City that have been awful, it would probably break Blue Moon so I'll keep it short.

Tony Vaughan - awful footballer. Frank Clark bought him which probably tells you all you need to know and I have no idea if he was left footed or right footed as the ball would fly off his foot like a flipper on a pinball machine - and that's when he managed to get near it.

Claudio Bravo - the only mistake Pep ever made was buying him. I can honestly say he was absolutely fucking rubbish and how he managed to make himself smaller when he 'rushed out' is beyond me. Until I die, the 4 he let in against Everton - one to his left, one to his right, one over him, one through his legs - still astonishes me. Pound for pound, the worst player I've seen at City. He had no redeeming qualities at all.

Lee Bradbury - we paid a LOT of money for him and he was absolutely out of his depth. I'm being kind saying that.

Adrian Heath - I just remember this forward who played for us and barely ever scored. He wasn't bad as such but just absolutely pointless. I hated him.

Nigel Clough - useless and lazy. He had no interest in playing football, especially for us and made it clear he didn't want to play for us every time he walked onto the pitch.

Eike Immel played like his hands were attached directly to his elbows.

He and Michael Frontzeck were both in my first sticker album, Euro 88. I remember thinking two 19 cap German internationals playing for City they must be good.

Little did I understand that 7 years of time passing had eroded the fine talents that they must have been!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.