Worst City players you remember

Too many pages to troll through but have guys like Ben haim, charvet, maicon, Rodwell, berti, Weah, conlon been mentioned at all?

That's a cracking choice, Blue. (I might have found a place for Sugrue and Shinton, though - thanks, Mal.....)

I'm glad you mentioned Nigel Johnson, though. He was without a shadow of doubt the worst central defender we've had - made Spencer Prior, Tony Vaughan or Nick Fenton look like world-beaters in comparison. At least we got shut of him pretty sharpish (7 League & cup games)

No one has ever mentioned him but you (and me, some time ago), even though he wasn't all that long ago (85-86 season). If you didn't see him, believe me, he was an embarrassment.
Did Silkman and Margetson make the bench?

Steve Kinsey, David Brightwell etc etc and a whole load of other donkies we had to endure in the seriously shit old days
Whilst not god gifted talent, we’ve had players far worse than steve kinsey, remember him scoring the winner at ewood to send us top of div one early 80’s, we had thousands there as usual, :)

Lee "Badbuy" has to be the worst. A squaddie imposter presented as a quality striker and footballer. I could not believe that City spunked £3m on him when I saw him play. Then again it was not his fault that Frank Clark signed him and who knows what dirty dealings were behind it?

Lee "Badbuy" has to be the worst. A squaddie imposter presented as a quality striker and footballer. I could not believe that City spunked £3m on him when I saw him play. Then again it was not his fault that Frank Clark signed him and who knows what dirty dealings were behind it?
Thing is with Bradbury, we played Portsmouth I think it was, twice in relatively quick succession, and he tore us a new one each time, terrorised us like a prime Duncan Ferguson, he looked excellent and personally, on the back of those two games, I was all for it.

So what went wrong ? Well in my mind one of maybe two things, either the move up and transfer fee really got to him, or, he just had two blinding games against us and we signed him on the back of just those two games.

Given how we operated back then, genuinely, the latter wouldn’t have surprised me.

Did anyone actually see him play though to be able to conclude that he was the worst ever city player.
I did, in a friendly at Oldham, none of us could work out at kick off which one he was, then moments later, someone farted near him, he fell over, got up complaining and someone shouted “yep, that’ll be him”.(true story).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.