Worst decision by Peter Swales?

At least Franny provided the route out of the shitpile that Wiggy Swales had created. Voluntarily or not. Swales worst decision was his toupee.

big phil said:
Enough. Peter Swales was a blue. And he got loads of things wrong. But he did it for the right reason (overthrowing the evil empire). 99% of us would have have done the same, he would have sold his soul to see City as top dogs. And I have a little difficulty hearing bad things about genuine blues, no matter how misguided. Have some respect, the blokes dead ..........

I think this sums it up if half of us had the man's passion the stadium would rock every game , he made mistakes some massive but the man loved City

boy did he love City and he really really f@cking hated the scum over the road

ozzie2920 said:
big phil said:
Enough. Peter Swales was a blue. And he got loads of things wrong. But he did it for the right reason (overthrowing the evil empire). 99% of us would have have done the same, he would have sold his soul to see City as top dogs. And I have a little difficulty hearing bad things about genuine blues, no matter how misguided. Have some respect, the blokes dead ..........

I think this sums it up if half of us had the man's passion the stadium would rock every game , he made mistakes some massive but the man loved City

No doubt he loved the blues mate, but in the end I think that was his undoing. It was like having a passionate fan of the terraces running the club, which imo is not a healthy thing. Look at West Ham atm.

For example on here if we we're to lose two games on the bounce, everyone wants Mancini sacked. If we win two in a row he's amazing.

Except the difference is Swales could actully make the decision rather than moan on a forum, which meant he never thought any manager was good enough for City sacking dozens and he also became obsessed with out doing United, rather than improving City, which damaged the club in the long run.

The decision to move Book upstairs in 1979 and bring back Malcolm damaged the club no end, and we are only recovering from it now after 30 years. Had we kept the core of that side in '79, aswell as Book, we proberly would of gone onto win a few titles in the 80's aswell as becoming a good European side and winning a fair share of domestic trophys, the side was that good. Instead we became a yoyo club in the 80's. As I said only starting to recover in 2008 with the Sheikh's buy out.

Swales loved the club but he began proberly the worst period in the clubs history which we are only just starting to come out off.

Where do we start? Swales was an egotistical, small-time, arrogant shit. He was without doubt the worst thing that ever happened to this club.

30 years of mind-bogging ineptitude: mistake after ego-fuelled mistake, jobs for the boys. He pissed away a legacy that could have seen us as a dominant force in English football, and is solely responsible for the 'comedy club' tag that persists to this day.

I remember him going on Granada in 1987 after he sacked Mel Machin and saying he wanted Joe Royle to be the next boss. If thats what he wanted he should have done it, but instead we had Howard Kendall who turned us into Everton reserves with a team full of Everton has beens, including that freaky dwarf Heath.

no what happened if my memory will go back that far, big mal and bookie took alan and rushy for a meal to discuss the transfer, they agreed a price, which i think was in the region of hundered thousand, so mal went to swalesy and told him the figure, swalesy allegedly replied i,m not paying that for a fourth division player? so that was the end of that, the other players involved over the coming years were channon instead of dalglish also ian wright could have been bought but hundered thousand short, but i do remember big mal wanting to buy plattini at one time but he had suffered a couple of broken legs?
ifiwasarichfan said:
Bringing Big Mal back.

On the Ian Rush story - the version I heard was that City Legend Alan Oakes who was Manager of Chester was insistent that Rush was not going anywhere near City. I dont know the reasons for this or if their was " Bad Blood" between Oakes and City at the time. Perhaps older posters may have more information on this that they would like to share?

10.Goater_Legend said:
Continuing on with the theme set by the manager's thread, what is old Peter's worst move whilst he was at City.

Has to be the way he treated Joe Mercer for me.
Replacing the 9,000 seat Platt Lane stand with a monstrousity that held 5,500 seats and spending millions in the process

Blue Tooth said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
How about how he went into the dressing room after the '74 League Cup final defeat and grilled all the players. This was where Franny Lee and him fell out wasn't it?.

My first wembley final...was gutted...we battered wolves all over the park and their stand in keeper Gary Pierce played an absolute blinder...weird cos mon the way there when we found out their regular keeper Phil Pasrkes was out we thought it would be a walkover...fu@king Pierce ruined my day.

I was even more gutted.Was my 13th birthday and also Gary Pierce in goals' birthday.

-- Sat May 29, 2010 11:33 am --

peahead said:
Turning down Ian Rush.

think that was Allison.He didnt think he was ready for the 1st division.What did he do,go and buy Michael Robinson from Preston for £750k Rush was recommended by Alan Oakes,manager of Chester for £300k.<br /><br />-- Sat May 29, 2010 11:40 am --<br /><br />
10.Goater_Legend said:
ozzie2920 said:

No doubt he loved the blues mate, but in the end I think that was his undoing. It was like having a passionate fan of the terraces running the club, which imo is not a healthy thing. Look at West Ham atm.

For example on here if we we're to lose two games on the bounce, everyone wants Mancini sacked. If we win two in a row he's amazing.

Except the difference is Swales could actully make the decision rather than moan on a forum, which meant he never thought any manager was good enough for City sacking dozens and he also became obsessed with out doing United, rather than improving City, which damaged the club in the long run.

The decision to move Book upstairs in 1979 and bring back Malcolm damaged the club no end, and we are only recovering from it now after 30 years. Had we kept the core of that side in '79, aswell as Book, we proberly would of gone onto win a few titles in the 80's aswell as becoming a good European side and winning a fair share of domestic trophys, the side was that good. Instead we became a yoyo club in the 80's. As I said only starting to recover in 2008 with the Sheikh's buy out.

Swales loved the club but he began proberly the worst period in the clubs history which we are only just starting to come out off.

agree with every word.Swales was more interested in outdoing united(buying of Daley)than concentrating on City.We were so close to united in terms of side,crowds and then he brings back Allison.That was the worst decision in over 40 years of watching City,end of story.Book should never have been replaced.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.