Worst decision by Peter Swales?

ozzie2920 said:
big phil said:
Enough. Peter Swales was a blue. And he got loads of things wrong. But he did it for the right reason (overthrowing the evil empire). 99% of us would have have done the same, he would have sold his soul to see City as top dogs. And I have a little difficulty hearing bad things about genuine blues, no matter how misguided. Have some respect, the blokes dead ..........

I think this sums it up if half of us had the man's passion the stadium would rock every game , he made mistakes some massive but the man loved City

boy did he love City and he really really f@cking hated the scum over the road
I have to disagree Swales loved Swales, he loved the power he had with in the FA (for those that don't know he was Chairman of the FA's International Committee) and for that he needed to have control over a football club.
Sadly for us it was City, City fan or not he used the club to further his own ends and refused to sell the club when every man and his dog knew his time was up.
Swales was once asked what was his biggest mistake and he said firing Reid, not because it was his worse move, but because it led to the loss of control of the club. The man's lasting legacy will be that he turned one of the top club sides in the world, into a club thats considered one to have "no history" and he split the fanbase to the point even 20 years after his death there are two supporters club.

He surrounded himself with a boardrom full of mealymouthed yes men.
[youtube]

One or two of them are still hanging about.

10.Goater_Legend said:
mancitymick said:
Beat me too it
Always thought this was myth, never new it was true.

thats because this isn't true...Alan Oakes(then Chester manager) told Ian Rush that if he went to City he'd be straight in the first team and it would be make or break but at Liverpool he would be nurtured in the reserves in the Liverpool way and his break would come eventually.....he chose Liverpool.

BTH said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_fV3h2DDI[/youtube]

Not a bad manager old John Bond, can't believe Swales was messing around with a drinks mat whilst interviewing our potencial future manager. Unbelievable.

mancitymick said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
Always thought this was myth, never new it was true.

Think it was more he refused to stump up the extra 50k for the transfer. If he did he was ours

I have it on good authority that it was on the basis that the Young Rush didnt have the pace required for Division 1..........guess he was right about that then, just the gezillion goals that the 'slow' Rush managed to accumulate on his long career!!

10.Goater_Legend said:
BTH said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo_fV3h2DDI[/youtube]

Not a bad manager old John Bond, can't believe Swales was messing around with a drinks mat whilst interviewing our potencial future manager. Unbelievable.

That wasn't the real interview! Bond had already been appointed,that whole boardroom scene was done just for the tv cameras!!

pinkwheeltrim said:
10.Goater_Legend said:

That wasn't the real interview! Bond had already been appointed,that whole boardroom scene was done just for the tv cameras!!
What to make the rest of the board look like even larger ass licking dickheads than they would have come across otherwise?

ozzie2920 said:
big phil said:
Enough. Peter Swales was a blue. And he got loads of things wrong. But he did it for the right reason (overthrowing the evil empire). 99% of us would have have done the same, he would have sold his soul to see City as top dogs. And I have a little difficulty hearing bad things about genuine blues, no matter how misguided. Have some respect, the blokes dead ..........

I think this sums it up if half of us had the man's passion the stadium would rock every game , he made mistakes some massive but the man loved City

boy did he love City and he really really f@cking hated the scum over the road

absolutely correct. number one the bloke is dead. number 2 he was blue through and through.

i think the respect shown at his minutes silence spoke volumnes. he was a blue obsessed with topling united, arent we all??

oh by the way, his biggest fuck ups were the 4 different stands!! all his other fuck ups were out of blind hatred for united and the love of city.. rip swales

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.