Worst Goalkeeper

I saw Keith McCrea's debut at Bramall Lane and he let one in after a couple of minutes but we won 2-1 in the end. I never thought he was that bad but Corrigan's improvement meant there was no return once injury struck.
Immel wasn't great but Tracey, Burridge, Margetson and others mentioned were much worse. Seaman should never have been signed as it was clear he was past it when he arrived. We may well have gone down had he not been injured.

Not the worst but I didn't think Alex Williams was that good. Supposed to be big Joe Corrigan's protege but didn't really establish himself. Never confident about Andreas Isakson either.
Agree with those suggesting Eike Immel, when he tried to kick the ball long it only went about 30 yards along the ground.

East Level 2 said:
I saw Keith McCrea's debut at Bramall Lane and he let one in after a couple of minutes but we won 2-1 in the end. I never thought he was that bad but Corrigan's improvement meant there was no return once injury struck.
Immel wasn't great but Tracey, Burridge, Margetson and others mentioned were much worse. Seaman should never have been signed as it was clear he was past it when he arrived. We may well have gone down had he not been injured.

If you watch the footage of the rags 5 City 0 game (hard I know) you will find Tracey is exonerated from blame. He saved 4 of the 5 only to be beaten on the rebound. But his name lingers on (unfairly) as the keeper in the 5-0.

Burridge was 43 FFS..

The bald-headed Barry Siddall never filled me with confidence but my vote has to go to Margetson for one act alone.

The Div 2 relegation showdown with QPR became famous for the Pollock own goal but, whilst that was staggering, even worse was Margetson picking up a back pass in the error then, when the ref blew for an indirect free kick 6 yards in front of the goal, he simply handed the ball to QPR forward and ex-Blue Mike Sheron who disbelievingly placed the ball on the ground and passed it to an unmarked colleague who rolled the ball into the empty net.

I will never ever forget it!

mscenterh750 said:
We have had many a fine goalkeeper over the years, names like Trautman, Corrigan, Coton, Hart, to name but a few and we have been renowned over the years for the quality of our goalkeepers. But we've also had some terrible ones as well, the one who sticks in my mind is Barry Sidall, even though he was only on loan, I really thought he wasn't very good. What goalies do you remember playing for us, and being absolutely dire ?.

Mimns
Stowell
Tracey
Siddall

100% David Seaman fucking disgrace he was on about 40 grand a week and was like watching my dad in net
then when he retired he had the brass neck to be paraded on the pitch like he was a city legend

but also Wright Tracey Immel and Elleguard were crap

MCIVTA_editor said:
The bald-headed Barry Siddall never filled me with confidence but my vote has to go to Margetson for one act alone.

The Div 2 relegation showdown with QPR became famous for the Pollock own goal but, whilst that was staggering, even worse was Margetson picking up a back pass in the error then, when the ref blew for an indirect free kick 6 yards in front of the goal, he simply handed the ball to QPR forward and ex-Blue Mike Sheron who disbelievingly placed the ball on the ground and passed it to an unmarked colleague who rolled the ball into the empty net.

I will never ever forget it!

I will also never ever forget what he did that day. I can barely begin to think what the fuckwit was thinking!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.