Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

after reading the previous few pages its not the worst by any means but Sven playing Elano at right back immediately sprang to mind.<br /><br />-- Wed May 19, 2010 8:40 pm --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Vienna_70 said:
David Brightwell was left-footed and played against Kanchelskis in the aforementioned 0-5.

-- Wed May 19, 2010 7:40 pm --

Megson was already at City when Kendall arrived.

But HK brought him back into the side.

I actually thought GM did a decent job for us in those few months when we needed to shore up the defence and midfield.

The pain of that memory has blurred the facts but I still maintain it was one of the worst decisions I've ever seen. BRightwell couldn't run and Kanchelskis was one of the best and quickest in the league.

I still go a bit faint thinking about it. Nearly came to blows with a gobby red in the pub after who turned out to be my new girlfriend's uncle.

Bad night.
I will maintain to my last breath that Simon Tracey took a bung in that game, I've never seen a 'keeper push so many shots back into play!

Corky said:
Monkey Boy Blue said:
My first game was a a bore draw away at Chesterfield in 98 (Aged 13). My older brother lived next door to Saltergate. All I can remember from the game is the Goat missing a penalty.

That match did not take place, not at that ground anyway.

Bishop was the reason why Royle dropped Kinkladze, and at the time he did right.

Correct. It was february '99.

Got to be Alan Ball instructing his players to keep the ball in the corner when we needed a win agaisnt Liverpool to stay up.

m27 said:
- Hughes putting Fernades at right back against Liverpool when we had a RB (Richards) and a centre half (Kompany) on the pitch. Gelson in midfield, Richards to right back and move Kompany from midfield to centre half. Job done. Unfortunately, this howler cost us the game.

This is the one I thought of when I saw this thread.

DTKOAG said:
Mel Machin playing Gerry Taggart as left full back against Blackburn in the late 80's.... Shocking.

remember it well
we lost 4 nil
same day as the Hillsbvotrough disaster<br /><br />-- Fri May 28, 2010 12:01 pm --<br /><br />
Uwe's 80s mullet said:
paul walsh (my hero at the time) out.... gerry (fat mother fucker) creaney, in.

my hero too
still is one of them

its still rankles me
as does the sale of clive allen

KenTheLandlord said:
Turning this

Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Booth, Watson, Owen, Barnes, Kidd, Royle, Hartford and Power

into this

Corrigan, Ranson, Nicky Reid, Booth, Caton, Henry, Power, Daley, Mackenzie, Palmer and Reeves.

Well done Mal, its only took 30 years and the good fortune of Oil money to put us back on course.

All other decisions pale into insignificance.

/\ this /\ ....wasn't an 'in match' decision that lost us a match or a signing that didn't work out. poster is spot on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.