Worst Managerial Decision Ever By a City Manager

ALL OUR LIVES said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
It's amazing when you think how quickly he fell, I think I'm right in saying that he was up for the England job that summer(I guess when it went to Taylor)before he took the Everton Job. Yet only 4 or 5 years later he was managing Notts C in the lower leagues, you're right on that one, no one won on that whole deal, least of all Notts C!

Howard Kendall - total piss pot. Morning noon and night.....glug glug glug

I have heard some legendary stories about Kendall's drinking excesses.... word was that he always took Mick Heaton with him to every job he got (nominally as a coach) so the pair of them could hit the pubs together!

1_barry_conlon said:
levets said:
It was also reported that he'd earn less money at City than he would doing his decorating
=============
How times have changed eh Gary?

Stuart Lee...the mention of that name sends a shiver down my spine. Wtf was that all about?
Didn't we sign 2 non-leaguers around the same time?? I'm thinking Dave Wiffle(or something like that)and Paul Sugrue and here's one were they the last Non-Leagues we signed???

DontLookBackInAnger said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Stuart Lee...the mention of that name sends a shiver down my spine. Wtf was that all about?
Didn't we sign 2 non-leaguers around the same time?? I'm thinking Dave Wiffle(or something like that)and Paul Sugrue and here's one were they the last Non-Leagues we signed???

Sugrue was from Nuneaton as i recall. Can't say Wiffle is ringing any bells though. This is ending up like our pre-match pub conversation where the inevitable 'worse player for city' always comes up. As you can see it's a very long game.....

I think the worst decison came when Steve Coppell agreed to take the City managers job ....... it was doomed to failure from the very start , he looked a bag of nerves ..... clearly the job was far too big for him , and he knew it.

I would say most of Mancini subs i.e bringing on a sylvinho when we were drawing, bringing on viera when we were drawing, taking off De jong against scum when he was are best DM, to replace him by someone who didnt track scholes run

Keegan signing vuoso for £5mil and claiming he was the next maradona

underated_zino said:
I would say most of Mancini subs i.e bringing on a sylvinho when we were drawing, bringing on viera when we were drawing, taking off De jong against scum when he was are best DM, to replace him by someone who didnt track scholes run

Keegan signing vuoso for £5mil and claiming he was the next maradona
The problem Mancini had(and Hughes for that matter), is that we still have a pretty thin squad and there is a major drop off in most postions when you need to make a sub.

Apologies if already posted in this 14 page thread, John Benson not playing Steve Kinsey against Luton in 1983.<br /><br />-- Wed May 19, 2010 5:23 pm --<br /><br />
KenTheLandlord said:
We deffo signed David Wiffil, but i don't think he played first team.

I remember that name, Dave Wiffle and also Paul Sugrue...... think Wiffle came from Whitton or Burton Albion.

Dave Wiffill is a managing director of a sales agency in Bristol now. I think he went to Bath City, possibly via one of the Bristol clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.