Worst refereeing decisions involving City?

A few more I don't think have been mentioned:
Anelka and Ashley Cole getting into a spat, Anelka getting sent off whereas Cole got a booking.
Kompany's sending off vs Rags in the FA Cup, also not giving us a pen for Jones' hand ball in the same game.
Ref blowing the final whistle instead of giving us a penalty at home to Dortmund.
About 8 different decisions at Anfield this season (Suarez not being sent off, 2 clear pens, foul in lead up to their goal etc)

Seb Larsson's tackle on Javi Garcia, also this season (Not even given as a foul)
iboG9oPKW9H6gP.gif

Yanga Mbiwa's tackle on Nasri (booked)
BlueNegligibleAbyssiniangroundhornbill.gif

CITYBOY1000 said:
jimharri said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Was that against Fulham ? Thought it was the baggies. My memory is f*cked mind.

Anyone remember a game in the 1987 relegation year I think it was.

We were playing Spuds. 0-0 and we needed the point when Garth Crooks brought the ball down a couple of feet outside the 18 yard box, got the ball tangled under his feet and fell over, still outside the 18 yard box. Nobody touched him and penalty ! We lost 1-0.
article-0-0E428FA200000578-452_468x351.jpg

Definitely Fulham!

Eidos - those were the days.

'Rags' at work said it was an acronym for 'Eleven Idiots Dreaming of Stardom'. Not laughing now are they ?
was there that day it was at the Fulham end of the ground near the the end of the first half, Andy licked his nose we could even see from our end, when the teams were coming off at the interval you could see both sets of players laughing and taking the piss out if the referee, apparently both sides were falling about laughing at the official in the players tunnel ?

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Blue Mist said:
adzmcfc134 said:
A Richard Dunne thunderbolt free-kick that got chalked off in the last minute away at West Brom that would have seen us equalise. Terrible decision.

Is this the one where the referee later said he asked us if we wanted to take a quick free kick and we said no. We then took it quickly and scored so he disallowed it ?

That was Poll wasn't it?

2-0 down with about 3 mins left.

Drogbas hand ball and Christian's v Rotheram were blatant.

The others from recent memory:

Imre Varadi in he Cup at old trafford, still not sure why it was disallowed as the ref was looking the other way

Danny Tiatto wonder goal at boro, disallowed for offside even though he ran half the pitch the shot across the goal, a player in the box was deemed to be offside but go no where near it.

Huckerby late 'winner' v spurs hooked in off a corner, Kelller had ran into own defender so disallowed for foul on keeper, spurs the get a winner and mini riot outside north stand prompting the iron wall

Fowler - same as above at Ewood with friedal running into defender ended up 0-0.

Apart from that serial cheating bastard Walton the worst decisions I can remember offhand were both in the 70s. At Arsenal Francis Lee hit one towards the top corner and that gormless lump of a defender Jeff Blockley flung himself sideways and upwards and punched the ball over the bar. Everyone in the ground saw it clearly. Referee's decision? Corner.

The other was the infamous game at Derby when City were 2-0 down but pulled one back late and piled forward for an equaliser. The Derby fans were shitting themselves and when the ball was kicked into their end it wasn't returned for 2 full minutes. Dennis Tueart hit what we thought was an equaliser but the referee blew for full time as the ball was on its way into the net having added only 30 seconds added time.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Anyone remember a game in the 1987 relegation year I think it was.

We were playing Spuds. 0-0 and we needed the point when Garth Crooks brought the ball down a couple of feet outside the 18 yard box, got the ball tangled under his feet and fell over, still outside the 18 yard box. Nobody touched him and penalty ! We lost 1-0.

You've reminded me about another one at Spurs in the early 80s. Ardiles was running with the ball into the right hand side of City's penalty area but was being well shadowed by Tommy Booth. Ardiles then clumsily trod on the ball and went flying. A penalty was awarded and scored.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
It says a great deal about football fans, that in spite of the thread title, there hasn't been a single post about a decision that went in our favour!
Bert Trautmann grabbing a Spurs player's leg to stop him equalizing in an F.A. Cup semi-final and the ref not giving a penalty.

Wreckless Alec said:
Now I think about it, wasn't it at Derby where Dennis Tueart scored a bullet header from a corner and the referee disallowed it claiming that between Tueart heading it and it hitting the back of the net, he'd blown for half time ? Later, despite replays on Match of the day, no-one could hear a whistle. Still annoys me.
I went to that game and it was full time. We were one down and that would/should have been the equaliser. I was gutted and still feel cheated now. 1977 I think it was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.