Worst refereeing decisions involving City?

Alf Grey in the 81 Semi Final. I was incandescent with rage at the time, and if i could have got on the pitch i would of been banned for Football for life such was my rage! Probably good job i did not get on the pitch really as i was a 12 year old schoolboy who was 4ft nothing wet through!

Think the ref against Derby was Alf Grey again. remember one in the early sixties, against the rags few minutes to go and a lump of lard called Alex Dawson punched the ball into the net . Again only the ref thought he'd dribbled through the City defence from his own goal. Flicked it over his head and backhealed it in from 25 yards.
(not bitter though)

jimharri said:
Alf fucking Grey.

Me and my mate at school were at that game. Even Ray Clements didn't seem to understand why Reeves's goal was disallowed. Perfect jump and header. No way was that a foul. Should have had 2 Wembley finals that year.

Selbyblue said:
Andy Morrison getting sent off at Fulham. Think his second booking was for licking Collymore!

Was that against Fulham ? Thought it was the baggies. My memory is f*cked mind.

Anyone remember a game in the 1987 relegation year I think it was.

We were playing Spuds. 0-0 and we needed the point when Garth Crooks brought the ball down a couple of feet outside the 18 yard box, got the ball tangled under his feet and fell over, still outside the 18 yard box. Nobody touched him and penalty ! We lost 1-0.

CITYBOY1000 said:
Selbyblue said:
Andy Morrison getting sent off at Fulham. Think his second booking was for licking Collymore!

We were playing Spuds. 0-0 and we needed the point when Garth Crooks brought the ball down a couple of feet outside the 18 yard box, got the ball tangled under his feet and fell over, still outside the 18 yard box. Nobody touched him and penalty ! We lost 1-0.
article-0-0E428FA200000578-452_468x351.jpg

Definitely Fulham!

john@staustell said:
jimharri said:
Alf fucking Grey.

This.

Pretty sure Alan Wilkie was sheer incompetence/intimidation but Alf Gray was pure corruption. I was in the north stand right on level with the cross bar at the time. Utterly outrageous.

No one will ever convince me that this was anything other than football at its most corrupt. As a previous poster has recalled, by the time we had stopped jumping around in the Kippax and looked down at the pitch again, we couldn't work out how or why the players were still playing.

It transpired that the goal was disallowed for a so called push but no Liverpool defenders were anywhere near close enough for Reeves to push. The nearest two, Kennedy and Clemence both said that they had no idea why the goal was disallowed the following day.

I managed to get hold of the twat's address - he lived somehere in Norfolk as I recall - and phone number and my 18 year old outraged self planned to 'worry' him for a while. I also photocopied the aforementioned details hundreds of times at work and planned to distribute them outside The Kippax at the next home game but bottled out for some reason.

Only Alan Wilkie has come close since and I'm convinced that was bent too.

jimharri said:
CITYBOY1000 said:
Selbyblue said:

article-0-0E428FA200000578-452_468x351.jpg

Definitely Fulham!

Eidos - those were the days.

'Rags' at work said it was an acronym for 'Eleven Idiots Dreaming of Stardom'. Not laughing now are they ?

Any game that Peter fukin Walton was involved in with us... a cheat in the most blatant order and i am sure he is now instructing refs in America or something, a simply despicable human being.

Singularly though it simply has to be the ghost penalty at the dungpit, i was physically sick after that game, no lie.

I remember at klanfield around 94ish,when Carl Griffiths gave us the lead and as per the tramps ended up beating us 2-1, Ian Thrush brought the ball down clearly with his arm and smashed it into the bottom corner and shithouse gobshite Roger Milford allowed it to stand,OF COURSE.

adzmcfc134 said:
A Richard Dunne thunderbolt free-kick that got chalked off in the last minute away at West Brom that would have seen us equalise. Terrible decision.

Is this the one where the referee later said he asked us if we wanted to take a quick free kick and we said no. We then took it quickly and scored so he disallowed it ?

Blue Mist said:
adzmcfc134 said:
A Richard Dunne thunderbolt free-kick that got chalked off in the last minute away at West Brom that would have seen us equalise. Terrible decision.

Is this the one where the referee later said he asked us if we wanted to take a quick free kick and we said no. We then took it quickly and scored so he disallowed it ?

That was Poll wasn't it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.