Worst Team you have seen City play?

truebluetoronto said:
cheddar404 said:
Manchester United at home last season. Not one shot on target.
I agree, not just because they were poor at the start and didn't manage a single shot on goal, but because they just gave up and rolled over after fourth goal, and to be honest we could have easily made it 10 if we really tried.
i reckon we could make up a song for this if we really tried !!

dukyblue said:
cheddar404 said:
Bluep*ss said:
I was thinking of this game.-10-1. Question though - I thought Bruce Rioch was their manager at the time.
I could be wrong.

I remember that interview with Malcolm McDonald too. I kept that video for years! Funny thing is, they were the better side until we scored.

Didnt they beat us 1-0 at Leeds Road in the return match near the end of the season? And i'm sure that was the season of the FA Cup marathon with them, 2 or 3 replays before winning 3-0 at theirs. The 0-0 replay at Maine Road was absolutely painful. I was only 9 at the time and I remember my dad waking me up on the kippax wall at the end of ET.

I really don't remember either. I was 8-9 years old that season too.

One of the teams we faced during that UEFA cup run a few years ago?

Was it EB Streymur we played in the first round, with the 'home' tie at Barnsley due to pitch being relayed?

A few shocking performances at our place in the last few years. Dare I mention Bolton, when he hit the woodwork at least 5 times and they scored with the last kick of the game? They were dire. Villa this season get a mention, as do Sunderland when they come to our place, though they stepped up last season to be fair.

cheddar404 said:
dukyblue said:
cheddar404 said:
I remember that interview with Malcolm McDonald too. I kept that video for years! Funny thing is, they were the better side until we scored.

Didnt they beat us 1-0 at Leeds Road in the return match near the end of the season? And i'm sure that was the season of the FA Cup marathon with them, 2 or 3 replays before winning 3-0 at theirs. The 0-0 replay at Maine Road was absolutely painful. I was only 9 at the time and I remember my dad waking me up on the kippax wall at the end of ET.

I really don't remember either. I was 8-9 years old that season too.

Pretty much spot on. John Gidman scored in the last minute to draw the first game 2-2. Then after 0-0 at Maine Road we won the second replay 3-0 back at theirs. As you say it was 1-0 to them in the league. Only City could win 10-1 then lose the reverse fixture.

Danparkes11 said:
TNS at the millenium stadium in 2004/5? not sure when... beat them 5-1, they were shocking.

We won 2-0 not 5-1. Which considering they represent a tiny village in Wales, I imagine they classed as a pretty impressive result. If anyone was dire that night, it was probably City.

tidyman said:
Danparkes11 said:
TNS at the millenium stadium in 2004/5? not sure when... beat them 5-1, they were shocking.

We won 2-0 not 5-1. Which considering they represent a tiny village in Wales, I imagine they classed as a pretty impressive result. If anyone was dire that night, it was probably City.

Yep, the home game was 5-0 and the away game 2-0.

That trip to the millenium was awful, we set off at 12, didn't stop and still missed kick off. Then got there to see a pointless game played by our reserves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.