Would we have still won the CL if we had kept Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko (Plus other questions)

I’d still have 1/3 at City.

Sterling just didn’t have the mentality to be at the top level. He cracked about 18 months before he left. Shame really.

Jesus was never ever good enough and I got called all sorts for saying it for years. Nice lad but just not a top level footballer at all.

I’d have kept Zinchenko. Right mentality and definitely good enough, maybe not as first choice but when called on he never let us down.

Zinchenko as much as I liked him at City he is very poor defensively whether he is caught out of position or losing duels. Massive improvements this season with Nathan Ake playing the centre bavk/left back role. Always wins his duels, Defensively solid.
This all day long. If a defender is superb going forward, you can forgive defensive frailties, but he was hardly that, was he.

Impossible to say,but unlikely.

All three helped us win trophies but all three had limitations that were unlikely to take us to the ultimate level of treble and Champions League winners.

Jesus & Zinch were committed, Sterling coasted for 2 years and we were well rid of him. He cheated us !!
Did he fuck, check out his goals and assists for us , moved on but no need to keep trashing him

This all day long. If a defender is superb going forward, you can forgive defensive frailties, but he was hardly that, was he.
He was just filling in playing the inverted full back role really, Did a very decent job we had large success with Zinchenko in the team...But, To get to the next level as winning a European Cup and a Treble you can't rely on the likes of Zinchenko.

It's really only the last 12 months when you look at Arsenal with Zinchenko at left bavk you can see the opposition target Zinchenko which is what opposition used to do to us. He's there to be got at.

Ake has taken us to a new level, His performances against the likes of Coman, Saka, Salah ect was sensational this season.

A lot was said mid season when Arsenal were looking unbeatable. Questions were asked of why we'd sold 2 of our players to what was then to become a rival. Some people were saying it was to our detriment. Had we of kept those 2 plus Sterling...

Would we have played any of them against Bayern?

Would Sterling of played against Madrid? Would Jesus of came on at any point, where would Zinchenko of fit in that semi final team?

Would any of them have played in the final? How confident would you feel looking back, with all 3 in the team for the final?
Excellent question

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.