Would we have still won the CL if we had kept Sterling, Jesus & Zinchenko (Plus other questions)

with Jesus and Sterling I dont think we would have...neither were clinical and missed big chances at times.

I think Jesus could have won it with the team we have now playing the Alvarez role or even one of the wide/wing player roles. Maybe with sterling in there...but not with both as you are then leaving out Haaland and one of the other forwards (bernardo, Foden or Grealish)

I think Zinchenko wasnt a good enough defender...our back 4 wasnt as solid with him in it and Pep has consistantly talked about how the back 4 have been very good defensively (regardless of the combination of players in there)

With all 3 in the team at the same time.....no we wouldnt have

with Jesus and Sterling I dont think we would have...neither were clinical and missed big chances at times.

I think Jesus could have won it with the team we have now playing the Alvarez role or even one of the wide/wing player roles. Maybe with sterling in there...but not with both as you are then leaving out Haaland and one of the other forwards (bernardo, Foden or Grealish)

I think Zinchenko wasnt a good enough defender...our back 4 wasnt as solid with him in it and Pep has consistantly talked about how the back 4 have been very good defensively (regardless of the combination of players in there)

With all 3 in the team at the same time.....no we wouldnt have
I like Zinny and it wasn't all his fault but we shipped 16 goals in the chumps league last season compared to 5 this with him & Cancelo flirted.
We seem to have got that part sorted because tbf we should have won it more than once in the last 3 seasons, we've been the best side in europe by far.
Also Haaland...

Yes. Im not saying they would of hugely contributed to the Cl, but they would of been fine as squad players in the Fa cup and Pl. We won the Cl with Foden, Alvarez and Mahrez not playing loads in the later stage.

Jesus maybe, of course not at the expense of Haaland starting. Maybe Jesus in Alvarez's role in the team.

We are playing differently this season, with a bigger emphasis on wingers that have strengths in ball retention. Doubtful Sterling will fit well in the current setup.

Love Zinny but Zinny is not as good as the media makes him out to be last season, and I think a selection of Arsenal fans are starting to realize during the season's tail end.

We actually benefitted from their departure, due to the different kind of players filling into their positions. Ake/Akanji playing LB, Grealish on LW, and Haaland up top, their profiles gave Pep the inspiration to go into the 3241 setup and are key profiles in this setup.

So probably not, but it's always hard to say. Pep might have setup a different winning tactic with these players in the team.

You'd like to think Sterling wouldnt have even got a sniff at playing. Guy was dog muck for the majority of his final two seasons at city.
Bar a brilliant cross in his last game for the club to start the fightback.
No Sterling and there might have been no league win last season.
All 3 at the end up had to go.
Fair play to Zinchenko convincing quite a few on here and Arsenal that he is a top class player.
Great attitude but quite a few got sucked in with the great attitude makes you a great player.
All 3 had great attitudes by the way.
A better question would have been.
Would we have won it with the brilliant Kyle Walker starting at right back instead of Akanji.

Jesus is the only one I'd have been happy to see stay. Sterling is demonstrating his level very well at Chelsea, i.e. nowhere near good enough to supplant any of our current players. And I never rated Zinchenko at all personally. Wearing your heart on your sleeve is all very admirable but ultimately he had 2 or 3 defensive balls ups in him every game and did bugger all else other than pass backwards or shoot into row Z. Never scored a goal for us I think??? Hardly surprising.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.